Thanks Aldi

By *Chomp* *Chomp* - 26/04/2024 07:00 - United States

Today, I found out that if you put tea bags into a cup of hot water, the tea bags will melt. The result: You get to drink and chew tea leaves at the same time, with little bits of actual tea to help make them go down. 0/10, do not recommend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 101
You deserved it 439

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Putting tea bags in hot water is how most people make tea. You must be doing something unimaginably stupid.

What? No, that shouldn't happen. Unless it was teabags that were specifically meant to be ripped open and emptied. Also please don't try drinking melted bags.

Comments

What? No, that shouldn't happen. Unless it was teabags that were specifically meant to be ripped open and emptied. Also please don't try drinking melted bags.

Putting tea bags in hot water is how most people make tea. You must be doing something unimaginably stupid.

Tea bags never melt in freshly boiled water. The water temperature isn't supposed to go higher than 100°C/212°F for black tea, and it's supposed to be lower for other teas (boil to 212°F, let the water cool to the recommended temperature). Either you got scammed, or you're making the water way too hot. Read the brewing directions on the package; if they still melt, toss them and buy tea from a reputable source. Invest in a tea leaf steeper and tea scoop for loose leaf tea.

Stop buying your pyramid plastic tea bags from the dollar store.

that was either some low quality tea bags or you left it in the water for way too long. you did something wrong

Suaria 38

Do you own a strainer? I'd say use that if this happens to you again. You won't be drinking loose tea then

Wadlaen 23

I drink tea on a daily basis, several cups every day and I've never experienced this, so either you've bought some shitty tea bags or you're doing something terribly wrong!

Tea is clearly too difficult a task for you. Stick to hot water. Better yet... keep it lukewarm so you don't risk burning any part of your body, too.

Did you damage the tea bags while opening the packaging or separating the tag? I've never had a tea bag disintegrate in the manner you describe, and I'm American with the standard American blithe disregard for proper tea preparation. Incidentally, I agree with the other poster who recommended a strainer if you find yourself in a similar situation in the future.

What kind of tea bags are you using? This is how you are supposed to make tea...