By Anonymous - 14/08/2012 18:12 - United States - San Jacinto

Today, it's garbage day. My mom accidentally threw away a receipt she needed to return something and told me to go get it. While I was looking for it, a cop gave me hell for "stealing recyclables on private property." This all happened in my front lawn. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 915
You deserved it 1 921

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thatpeachyperson 12

You should have given him hell for being on your lawn.

Comments

I wish it were so mexicans would stop approaching my house. With the FL stand your ground policy I'm running out of room for the bodies.

I honestly wish it were. I need my plastic bottles for my own purposes... like to contain my butthurtenol. :)

Showing the cop ur ID was out of the question?

Yeah, I like that. The cops can go through your trash looking for probable cause, but you can't root through it yourself.

cash_monkey72 9

****** in the head? Do people not simply say ****** up anymore? I really need to pay more attention in school.

When I think "****** up" I think of being wasted. Maybe that's just me?

cash_monkey72 9

Yeah, well, we apparently talk differently here in Kentucky land.

cash_monkey72 9

My first buried comment. I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed.

wyattshack 4

Since when do you learn this stuff at school?

parchment123 0

Guys, don't get the wrong impression. Number 2 is a terrible representation of people from Kentucky. Not everyone is as stupid as him.

cash_monkey72 9

No, I'm just an idiot on the Internet. I'm actually in all advanced classes, hold a 4.0 GPA, and participate in several extracurriculars. I do agree that Kentuckians are generally viewed as rednecks and hicks, and I just want to point out, I have all my teeth. I also want to point out that I hate that stereotype.

Whoa they teach us to say "****** up" in school?? Maybe in certain things like sports, but I'm pretty sure our English teacher teaches us to go say "**** this shit up" in class

Cash_monkey - Don't try to give reasons that you're smart - prove it.

MindFreakazoid 10

Number two, there's more than one saying. Simple as that.

thatpeachyperson 12

You should have given him hell for being on your lawn.

Yea; shoulda went Clint Eastwood on him. "Get off my lawn!"

KommanderKush420 5

...Wouldn't that still be recycling?

I'm sure there are good police out there, don't get me wrong, but I do get the impression that a vast amount of them are power-mad simpletons intent on belittling the public they're supposed to protect.

thatpeachyperson 12

I don't care what you said, but that is one sexy guitar.

5 - Sadly, most of them really are wonderful people, but the minority "shine" through. A cop does something effed up, everyone hears about it. They do something wonderful, oh well, it's they're job; no one says squat diddly.

Stealing trash is illegal? ****. Time to leave Dunkin Donuts' dumpster alone.

You know that they throw out the day's unsold donuts, too?

xxDefiantxx 0

26, I wish i knew that...are they all boxed up or just thrown about?

BunchieRules 31

#86 - Usually they slash the packaging. The bakeries don't want hobos, dumpster-divers and animals taking the free food.

86 - They just throw them in a bag and put them in the dumpster. I'm pretty sure you can get arrested for dumpster diving though. People I knew in high school just waited by the back door around closing and took them out as soon as they were put in the trash. They said it was like it wasn't in the dumpster because it was all donuts and bagels in the bag. You would be surprised how many bagel places do that. In NYC especially, they throw all their unsold bagels every day and also produce from grocery stores that are perfectly fine but slightly flawed. It's amazing how much food is wasted. There's even a food scavenging tour that shows people how much good food is put into the trash on a daily basis.

Psych101 9

I hope you told him it was your trash, then asked to please leave your "private property."

The only thing I'm wondering is why did you hyphenate ****** in the head ?

A hyphen goes between multiple-word adjectives when they precede the word that they are modifying.

I don't understand what you said, but it sounded smart so I thumbed you up.

RaVeN53 7

And this why I really dislike cops!

Those cops you "dislike" help keep you safe. I'm not saying they're perfect, but they are a help to the community

KommanderKush420 5

I hate cops because cause they get into everyone elses business, like "Sir, im going to have to confiscate this marijuana from you" and "Ma'am if you're going to be a prostitute, its legal to make pornos" and the most famous one: "Stop criminal scum! You have violated the law!"

Hm. I can already understand why someone called "KommanderKush420" would hate cops. You didn't really need to say all that.

HmongJohn 9

11 and 51 - Don't call the police when you need them... Thanks...

I really dislike when people say they hate/dislike cops, most of the time you don't like them because YOU'RE the one doing the wrong thing and get caught. Don't complain and take responsibility.