By AAnonymous - 05/11/2014 13:57 - United States - Salt Lake City

Today, my ex sent me a pack of beer to screw with me. I'm still going to AA, and I thought I was almost over it. Five bottles later, I realized I'm not. We didn't break up over my drinking, either; it was because after just 2 weeks of dating, she threatened to kill herself if I didn't marry her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 149
You deserved it 4 047

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow, your ex is a psycho... stay strong OP. You can do it!

Well, it's a good thing that you're not in that relationship anymore. She sounds more toxic than alcoholism.

Comments

wow, your ex is a psycho... stay strong OP. You can do it!

she probably figures if she gets you drunk enough you'll say yes.

Agreed. Don't let this throw you back into drinking OP. You lapsed once, but stay strong. It gets better and it's so worth it at the end. :)

Yeah she's crazy. Even if she was serious about killing herself, OP should just try to get her help. He's not obligated to be in a legal contract with someone because they're ******* psycho. She's a bitch for sending the case. You're better off, OP and good luck

incoherentrmblr 21

You can't give in. YOU CAN'T GIVE IN!!!...

jthmtwin 16

Lets hope she gets help like you have :( threatening suicide is NOT the way into someone's heart.

I knew a girl that threatened my friend with suicide saying "I love and hate you! You drive me crazy and piss me off! But I love you! And you have to love me too! And if you don't, then I'm going to kill myself, because I'm not going to live without you!" And that bitch was crazy! I knew then both very well. I knew she was out of her Goddamned mind if she thought she could just threaten to kill herself and force him to love her. She then told me to convince my friend to love her, or else she would kill herself. I had asked her to seek help before that, and so had my friend. But she refused to go get help. So finally, I decided that she was not in a stable mindset to make that decision, she was thinking irrationally, and I was not going to tolerate her threatening myself and my friend. So I went behind her back and alerted councilors of her situation. Now she goes to therapy. I know it was a lot to type. But I also wanted to say, she got really mad at me for getting her help. At first I didn't know if it was the right decision, I think it was, but I didn't have much of a choice. And I haven't talked to her much since, she's still not happy with me for telling councilors about the situation. I think I did the right thing, and I don't think she would be around today had I not done it, and her still being alive today is what matters. Sorry for the amount of typing...

That's a lot coming from just a tree xD But seriously, great story. Maybe OP can learn from this. Thanks for sharing :)

4- I think this is the perfect time to report her suicide threats and see her locked up for a while.

skittyskatbrat 19

King_Nero, I like the way you think. Get her help AND get her out of his hair for awhile. She's not likely to suicide at all, btw. She's too focused on herself and too self-centered if she's like the "typical" manipulative suicide-threatening crazy bitch. But some time with counselors sure couldn't hurt her.

revenge is not the answer. restraining orders are :)

Well, it's a good thing that you're not in that relationship anymore. She sounds more toxic than alcoholism.

SoapTurtle 7

Send her a fake engagement ring to screw her back

It's only fake until she shows up in a wedding gown and dragging a minister behind her.

And then what? She can't force him to do anything. That will make her look even dumber.

The minister might just be a shrunken head with how psycho this bitch sounds.

Yes because making an ass out of himself is the way to go.

Well at least you know what your stalker looks like.

Stay strong bro, you are the better person!