By for fuck's sake, gran - 25/07/2015 05:30 - United States - Bainbridge

Today, my grandma and I went shopping. When I picked up some shower gel, she started ranting in front of everyone that shower gel injures one's "lady parts" and causes infertility, and that she wants me to give her great-grandchildren. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 485
You deserved it 1 777

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell her that if you smell, you won't find a man. If you can't find a man, you can't give her grandbabies.

I can't even comprehend the thought process behind that...

Comments

Some peoples grams man...they be crazy. And FIRST

Who says your going to have kids at all and that you're not child free? She acts like your opinion doesn't matter. Women aren't obligated to have children. You're not a baby making machine.

Yeah, she may some issues there. Been using shower gel for years and got pregnant twice (whilst on the pill) and using shower gel. Kids are really healthy. Definitely no infertility from shower gel.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Tell her that if you smell, you won't find a man. If you can't find a man, you can't give her grandbabies.

I hope you got it any way. You are your own gel needing person.

A07 48

How exactly does it injure ones "lady parts"?

ahippienamedrae 10

Well if you put soap there, you kill the bacteria, which can be harmful. Just like the bacteria in your stomach, they're necessary to keep you healthy :)

A07 48

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You're supposed to clean around your vag, not inside it since it's a self cleaning organ.

#31 there are special soaps for the lady parts.

A07 48

Ohh gotcha, learning something new everyday

Some ladies clean inside their vaginas, its called douching. It's widely regarded as not a good idea.

And you don't even need soap to clean around the ****** really. Some good warm water will do.

31, It's an FML because her grandmother was being absolutely ridiculous. If cleaning female genitalia lead to infertility this wouldn't be the first time you'd be hearing it.

Bacterial vaginosis is caused by using fragranced soaps on that area, which is how it damages it

I can't even comprehend the thought process behind that...

Pstraka6 20

Talk about awkward moment, I just hope you corrected her judgement of what hurts ones "ladys parts". Grandma almost always knows best, but in this case I'm not so sure

Depending on how old she is I wouldn't put too much blame on her. My grandmother is also very paranoid about health and thinks everything is so dangerous nowadays. Maybe ask her to be a little more respectful and not make a scene next time.

kewpiesuicide 29

My grandma believed that if you took a shower while you were on your period that you would get terrible cramps