Policy schmolicy

By p!nk - 12/09/2020 11:01 - United States

Today, I let my daughter dye her hair pink. I got an email from her school stating that the hair color violated the school dress code as it's “distracting,” and she will not be allowed to attend classes until she changes it. We do school over Zoom. Not sure how her hair distracts on a screen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 259
You deserved it 330

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

Could probably get around this by either having her wear a hat, tying back her hair, or using a program that will change the way the color appears to other people seeing it.

Comments

Kraths 16

People will complain about anything given the chance. I had my hair dyed bright pink for almost a year and people complained about it all the time, granted most of them were based on the fact that I am a twenty-something male. Also, your daughters hair has to be the least distracting thing going on. I know friends whose kids are playing video games or watching tv at the same time.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
puckyou 20

this is the dumbest comment that I've read in a long time.

Xatraris 38

I always thought strippers had daddy issues. Now I know it's because of dyed hair and allowing a child be a, well, child. who would have thought

please tell us how a hair color is in any way correlated to future job prospects?

Last I check hair dye doesn't damage brain cells. I as a person who has colored my hair many times enjoyed a decent military career, became a union carpenter and recently took up driving semi. At no point did I take up stripping and my parents are not my friends. I also have tattoos which I bet are also against your views. So you can take those stupid stereotypes of yours and shove em.

tounces7 27

Could probably get around this by either having her wear a hat, tying back her hair, or using a program that will change the way the color appears to other people seeing it.

She shouldn’t have to change it, she’s learning online FFS...

just buy a cheap Halloween wig for zoom classes. those rules are dumb and she's got zero reason to fix her hair for a 20 minute class with people who can't actually see her.

Use a virtual background and check the box saying you have a green screen. Set the "green" color to your daughter's color. To continue the freak out, have her wear a shirt nearly the color of her hair. A floating face should be acceptable to the school.

This is why I don’t use that. With the lighting in my room, the computer can’t distinguish between the wall and my face, so all you see is my eyes, mouth, and hair.

Actually, a green screen really worked. Before that, my headphones created big holes in my skull!😂😂😂

This was gonna be my answer…. Chroma key…. The background would need to be the same color though.

call them say no and then get ahold ahold of the other parents so they can get their kids to dress like a neon crayon then zoom really won't work

Ask for the specific dress code violation and look for it in your handbook. Then tell her to kick rocks.

dont change it at all cuz she should b able to have her hair however she wants so just go buy a cheap wig in a normal colour n have her wear that when in online classes n she can take it off after :) win win u dont waste the dye and u show her other ppl r not allowed to dictate how she looks.

I should be studying, and just hearing about your daughters hair is distracting me.