Sick

By SickMaMa - 09/12/2014 22:39 - United States - Cortland

Today, my daughter wasn't feeling well, so we allowed her to sleep in bed with us. She snuggled right up with my husband. I felt a little jealous until she turned around and cuddled with me, just long enough to throw up all over me. She then flipped back over and snuggled with her dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 794
You deserved it 4 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Toughsky 23

I wouldn't take it too seriously OP. Yeah she turned just to vomit on you but it really doesn't mean much. I'm sure she just didn't know what to do when she felt the need to vomit and just turned around.

Comments

Toughsky 23

I wouldn't take it too seriously OP. Yeah she turned just to vomit on you but it really doesn't mean much. I'm sure she just didn't know what to do when she felt the need to vomit and just turned around.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

*Jealous of her husband, or at least the fact that the daughter cuddled with him instead of her.

She was jealous of her daughter favoring her husband instead of her. It is normal in unless it gets out of hand.

Aww, she just wanted to show you that she loves you, by throwing up you.

She's daddy's girl. Just like my sister. I personally snuggled more with my mom back in the day. :)

so "your daughter" seems to be rather "your daughter". (oh english, you wonderful language, always so precise)

Am I the only one who doesn't get this comment?

You literally just said the same thing twice. What are you doing with your life? If you're going to comment on the English language, make sure you use it correctly.

I'm fine, thank you for worrying about my life. I have no problem to admit that english isn't my mother language, so showing so much care you can probably teach me how to say that it's not only her daughter but their daughter. afaik "your" can be both singular and plural. I know... a cheap joke, and even worse when it has to be explained...

chlorinegreen 27

I still don't really get it... Her daughter, but their daughter? Yes to both.

I'm assuming that because #8's native language isn't English, he's referring to the fact that in English our "your" doesn't specify whether it's plural or singular (which it can and it's the same with "you"). Whereas, in many other languages, it does specify. Spanish for example: you (singular) = tu and you (plural) = ustedes. So I can kind of understand his confusion. I, for one, sort of agree that other languages specify it better (and English is my first language). However, I have no idea what #8 is referring to... Just wanted to clear the "your" confusion up.

Where I'm from, sometimes when things go (slightly) wrong, the one parent will jokingly say "your daughter" instead of "our daughter", for example "your daughter vomited all over me last night". So to me, #8's post seemed to say "your daughter"(both OP's and her husband's) is now "your daughter" (only OP's husband's).

I think #39 has it right! Round of applause! I was so confused reading this string

That was a defense mechanism. Similar to when skunks spray. Finish her with the RKO!

I instantly thumb you down for even mentioning that person in my presence, how I hate him.

Ohh yeah #33, well I thumbed her back up just because you said that!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Not really #20, intimate doesn't always mean sexual.

In this situation the word plutonic is a bit more appropriate but I know what ya meant lol

I believe 'plutonic' is a kind of rock. 'Platonic' is the word you're looking for :)

brssps1 19

Actually @28, more like Electra. Oedipus did it to his mom whereas Electra competed with her mother for her father.

Either way if she turned or not she could have vomited on your husband...it in a way I could say was fate that decided that