By ItsAnanya - 02/04/2013 15:34 - India - New Delhi

Today, a girl punched me square in the face, effectively leaving it with purple swellings because I called her boyfriend an "uncle". Said boyfriend IS my uncle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 020
You deserved it 3 224

ItsAnanya tells us more.

ItsAnanya 25

Hey guys! It's OP :] So most of you were confused as to why she would hit me for calling my uncle...uncle. She thought I was insulting him and making him feel old and by extension implying that SHE was old. She also blamed it on the fact that it seemed as I was trying to hit on him ? ( I'm still confused about that one ) Thank heavens my uncle puts family first. Miss.Pack-A-Punch is out of our lives for good !

Top comments

sweetbabysweet93 10

Why would that even be offensive?! Who the hell finds that sexy? "Who's your uncle baby?"

Comments

lincolnkite 6

So did she make you say uncle?

It seems like your uncle needs to find himself a girlfriend who doesn't have such a short fuse, and who will appreciate him being an uncle who is close to his niece/nephew.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yes it does. As in "the afore or previously mentioned boyfriend," not, "the boyfriend said something."

Meaning the boyfriend she previously referred to. It's acceptable grammar; nothing wrong there.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#32 Please go back to school. Take some English classes.

32 & 19 you two should get together, buy a dictionary and some grammar books and have a sleep over and STUDY THAT SHIT!

19 & 32, F your lives, F the lives of the millions of other Americans who don't master their own language, and F the lives of the rest of us who have to put up with you.

ItsAnanya 25

#58 English is my second language :] As I'm Indian, Hindi is my first language but because of my British/Australian accent it's ridiculously funny when I speak in Hindi. Also, I happen to be fluent in English ... rather than Hindi haha

trellz17 19

Some people in this world are insane

McNikk 15

I think it's more than some.

McNikk 15

Did you try telling her that before she hit you? Either way, her temper is pretty short.

Punch her in the face for calling your uncle a "boyfriend." It's only fair.

3rdbass 9

Dumb Girl used punch! It's super effective! OP is dazed and confused.