By what did I do? - 15/10/2015 19:30 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend. She slapped me in the face, stormed out and won't answer my calls. What the hell? FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 339
You deserved it 2 560

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We definitely need to hear more of this... How long have you been going out for?

Oh no. Sounds like you two definitely weren't on the same page in one way or another... how long had you been in a relationship?

Comments

What did you do OP? Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

No no no, don't toss her that old excuse. No amount of chocolate can cure that level of bitchiness anyway.

Sathane 21

At least she didn't say "No"? There's still hope.

Sorry that happened but in my opinion you doged a bullet

Stop calling her. I know it's easier said then done. However, if this kind of thing is okay to do to you now (no matter what the reason) it will only get worse in the future.

takeittoem 8

This should be the top comment. Sorry, OP, but if she's ignoring you, she's not worth it. Everyone overreacts occasionally (although there's NO excuse for violence), it's the lack of followup that proves she's not worth it.

kellyem2 20

Honestly, it's going to be really hard on you but the best thing you can do right now is give her some space. Obviously something is extremely wrong for her to react that way and she needs to calm down a bit. You do deserve an explanation, but unfortunately it's going to have to come on her terms. Hang in there, OP.

uh uh uh.. she she, she wasn't ready! ..but on a serious note maybe she wasn't..

Was there a chance that she thought you were joking? I can see how if she really wanted to get engaged and you somehow didn't seem serious enough she could have taken it like you were mocking her.