By LittleGina - 07/01/2016 17:42 - United States - Asheboro

Today, I saw an elderly woman drop $20 while shopping. Trying to be a good samaritan, I picked it up and tried to hand it back to her. She accused me of stealing it and beat me with her purse. The manager had to fend her off me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 085
You deserved it 1 564

LittleGina tells us more.

OP Here: Hello, let me answer some questions I am seeing and straighten things up a bit. 1. I don't work here, I was a customer, therefore, it was not my manager, just the store's manager. 2. The elderly lady had not seen me walk up to her, I was unable to explain anything before I was being beaten with a purse and called a thief. So, I guess she saw me at the corner of her eye holding a $20 before any words came out of my mouth. I may just simply be giving her excuses, but I honestly think that's what happened. 3. The solution was that she was escorted out immediately, but she did get her $20 back. 4. Will she ever know the real story? I don't know, and frankly I don't care. 5. Don't worry, I still have good intentions, she didn't mess anything up!

Top comments

Aww. Atleast you were right in your intentions OP. :)

Comments

You didn't just try to be a good samaritan, you were very successful at being one. You were just unlucky enough to help someone who was too bitter and stupid to appreciate that maybe not everyone is out to get them. Keep being awesome, but don't feel bad if you can't risk your own safety next time.

middlenamefrank 8

Well, you still did a good deed, even if it confused an older lady. Feel good about yourself.

and people say the youth are the disrespectful ones

amccaul1976 8

after that I'd ask her to ID the bill in some way. like the serial number. when she can't then say 'I can't be sure that it is yours, sorry.' and walk away.

2 things: 1. I accidentally clicked "ydi" even though this wasn't your fault. I'm sure most other "ydi"s were accidental as well. 2. You did a good thing, op, and you should feel proud. People like her don't trust because there aren't enough people like you.

atomicmrpelly 2

Hahaha, I would have kept it after that!

Unless you work there, I would have called the cops for assault - being old doesn't give a person the right to act how they want.

Stop using the Force to steal money from old ladies. They could be jedi witches.