By Twix88 - 19/02/2014 11:00 - United States - Huntsville

Today, my brother and I took our cars to get oil changes. While we were there, a guy asked if we were dating. When we told him we were siblings, he responded with, "So?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 195
You deserved it 4 373

Twix88 tells us more.

This is my FML. This did happen in Alabama. Sadly, I don't think this guy was kidding at all, although, he was obviously tweaking pretty hard so that may have played a role. He didn't work there he was just another customer. The dude actually brought it up twice. After the second time my brother ditched me and went outside to get away from him and left me to sit with the creep. However, shortly after I got the last laugh when he followed my brother outside to pester him again.

Top comments

I feel like we need to know what State this happened in.

Umm I live in Texas and it's still abnormal to date family here too...

Comments

This is my FML. This did happen in Alabama. Sadly, I don't think this guy was kidding at all, although, he was obviously tweaking pretty hard so that may have played a role. He didn't work there he was just another customer. The dude actually brought it up twice. After the second time my brother ditched me and went outside to get away from him and left me to sit with the creep. However, shortly after I got the last laugh when he followed my brother outside to pester him again.

When I saw the state lived in I laughed my ass off. Although i was hoping it would be a different country....

Your brother is ... mean? No, never mind. It was a public place, plenty safe.

WD_Stevens 22

Yeah, safe... Nobody ever gets murdered in public

I also live in Alabama and one of my coworkers thought my sister was my girlfriend. Your not alone

This happened to me when my brother and I went out card shopping. Always an awkward experience! Fyl

Don't worry, OP, I've had the experience of people thinking my brother was my bf as well...

I hate it when things like this are posted from Alabama. We get teased about it enough. But it gives me a good laugh. My brother constantly worries about people mistaking us for a couple. The thought grosses me out.

Yea, I didn't even think of it in the "stereotypical Alabama" way. I'm not even from here but have lived here for a while now and it's my roots. But yea it makes it even worse because my brother and I really do look like siblings. We are 3 1/2 years apart and by the time I hit 6 until our teens, and even occasionally still, we were constantly asked if we were twins. Same for our sister who's 10 years older than me. It's easier to see the age progression when we are all together. But creepy disgusting people live everywhere, not just the south. And, Roll Tide!

I've lived in Alabama all my life. Sadly I have seen these stereotypes more than I care to admit. They are funny but nine times out of ten they're not true.

Yea, it's a sucky stereotype to deal with but then again most are. I grew up in Maryland and I knew or knew of more people and families that were guilty of it there than here.

You know the episode of family guy where the horse sucks on Stewies head and his reaction. This fml made me react like that

He probably watch far too many game of throne

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Incest is best. With incest the whole family can join in. Keeping it within the family. That's about all the incest jokes I know.

I don't really see a joke in there... You're just kind of saying what incest is.

alicat089 18

dry humor #108. This gave me a chuckle. I'm easily amused though.

Incest is best. With incest the whole family can join in. Keeping it within the family. That's about all the incest jokes I know.

Man, my brother and I get the 'are you dating?' thing a lot because he's a pale redhead and I'm a curly-haired brunette, but I think "So?" definitely takes it to a level we've thankfully never achieved...