By cassie611 - 13/03/2014 18:26 - United States - Houston

Today, we finally moved into our new home, which my husband and I got mostly so our kids could have fun in the spacious backyard. The moment they stepped into the backyard, they were terrorized by the neighbor's dogs, and now refuse to go outside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 771
You deserved it 5 061

cassie611 tells us more.

cassie611 9

OP here, set things straight, our Realtor told us they had SMALL dogs, these are not little animals as she claimed them to be. Yes we do have a fence, I would not have taken it lightly if the dogs were in our yard scaring them. My kids are 2 & 1 so the loud barking and jumping on the fence does scare them. I do plan on talking to the neighbor but my 1 year old is scared of dogs period so introducing them will not help. I plan on talking to the neighbors and seeing if maybe an hour or so a day when my kids go outside if they can bring the dogs in. I hope a compromise can be made..

Top comments

Time to face one's fears...and invest in a fence...

Comments

drumguy218 11

tell your neighbors to keep their dogs under control or get fence

I would just ask my neighbours if they could help introduce the dogs to the kids on a regular basis until the dogs or kids settles.

I hope you get that compromise! Keep us posted, OP. We care.

jdf2 10

Take them to a local dog shelter and ask if they can play with the nicest dog the place has. That's how my parents got my fear of dogs away.

nannyRayRay 14

At one children often have an Irrational fear of dogs, the fear should subside with time but make sure he has some calm, brief Encounters with kind, quite dogs

"terrorised"? Do you mean just barking or do you mean they actually run up to your children? if it is just barking, then that's just because they are not sure who they are, and they need to be introduced.

My dogs bark at my neighbors... But our last neighbors shot at them with nerf guns so they're just afraid of anyone who lives there now. It's really sad. Our dogs would never bite anyone, they're just scared and in a habit (and of course we're trying to break this habit). Just understand that it (might) not be their or their humans fault.

Nothing a little antifreeze won't solve.