With a heavy heart…

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I watched my best friend get married to the guy I have been in love with since the eighth grade. I was the maid of honor, and had to give a toast to the couple. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 913
You deserved it 17 960

Same thing different taste

Top comments

...sounds like a plot to a romantic comedy....

Comments

pinknoise 0

Julia Roberts, is this you? Still can't get over what happened in "My Best Friend's Wedding" huh?

^^ lmao ^^ So? It's not like you guys dated and he left you. He probably never even knew how you felt.

Hey everyone! This is my sisters FML, and let me clear somethings up for you. 1. The groom dated her in highschool and was just as much in love with her as she was with him. 2. He left her for her best friend cause his parents didnt want him dateing a jew. 3. My sister has moved on and has a bf, but she still has feelings for the groom. 4. Her bestfriend asked her to be the maid of honor and my sis didnt want to turn her down. So their you all go.

Thanks for clearing that up!! Difficult situation though... to the OP: fyl & good luck.

Damn. I had to do something similar once, and it was my sister in the place of the OP's best friend. Although they broke off their engagement and I didn't know him as long. FYL. :[

frankenberrie 0

have you ever told this person how you felt? when you snooze you lose!

Why the hell would you agree to something like being the Maid of Honor? Not saying that you don't have a place to feel bad, but you're kinda setting yourself up for a world of hurt.

You could have said something before the wedding that you liked him! it's your own fault

omg that sucks : ( i really hope that you feel better but that wasnt fair at all and i know it'll be hard to get over it you should've told them how you felt about it cuz this is bull shit, it's as if they're treating you as a slave even your best friend, that was bitchy of her not to notice how you felt about it and she didnt even say anything about you being the maid of honour. some friend she is.

You'd been in love with this guy since 8th grade? I call BS, and if not, that's just pathetic. YDI.