By Anonymous - 15/05/2013 20:12 - United States

Today, I called my mother to tell her that I got engaged. In the 15 minute conversation that followed, 13 were spent listening to how this is going to affect her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 461
You deserved it 3 340

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AnthonyWheeler15 24

She should be happy for you! Don't let anything she said get to you! Congrats!

Shortay123 14

Self centered people these days. And if she doesn't want to she doesn't have to let it affect her. Live your life the way you want to. If you are old enough to be engaged you are old enough for it not to matter how it will affect her.

Comments

Bet OP faked a dial tone in the last two minutes ;)

RedPillSucks 31

Mom probably had your arranged marriage all planned out. He was a good jewish muslim christian white pakistani black doctor lawyer engineer, and you blew it for her by picking up some guy you probably met at a walmart bowling alley biker bar. What an ungrateful ****.

RedPillSucks 31

You should have just announced it on Facebook. At least you wouldn't have to deal with your time sucking moms response until you read her comments the next day.

I hate people that have to make everything about them. -_-

You and your fiancé should move far far away! I dated a guy who's mother was like this probably worse and it DID NOT end well! Sorry OP!

Mothers, they always think you the best for you 99.9% of the time

Sounds like something my mom would do. Sucks. Just remember, your fiancée loves you.

Geez she should be happy my mom was happy for my older sister ten years later though her ass of a husband left her with three kids for another woman let's just say my mom is making sure he suffers by making sure no one goes to the store he works at

My grandma is just like that. Sorry you have to deal with that OP, selfish people who only think of themselves and constantly talk about themselves are so annoying... Congrats on getting engaged!