Bigmouth strikes again

By Failoffel - 10/05/2009 02:05 - United States

Today, while working my job as a cashier, one of the customers to come to the register was a dwarf. As part of store policy, I had to ID him, and his driver's license said he was from Florida. So I asked, without catching myself, "How's the weather down there?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 710
You deserved it 52 729

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Auch! But that wasn't your fault at all, you couldve just continued talking about Florida, Midgets would actually prefer if people didn't make a big deal of their height!

I hope you didn't feel the urge to be like "...I meant your state, not your height!" 'cause that would not have been the smooth thing to do ;]

Comments

#20..."these days"?? I'd say people are asking about the weather more than ever lately, cause it's been sooo crazy and the weather patterns in a lot of places have been changing drastically. So I really don't see how it would be out of the ordinary to ask someone, when making small talk, how the weather where they're from is if they live in a different state than you.

I honestly don't think that people who are different take offence as much as people think to these sort of unintentional comments. Even if they do you had no intent, your conscience is clear so why worry about it? :)

To those saying no one asks what the weather is like: Do you ever go out? I hear it all the time, even if the asker lives a few cities away. It's a pretty common question for small talk.

I do things like that, too. I hope you kept a straight face, then it'd seem like their stature never came across your mind at all--even after saying that.

poison29 0

who cares? innocent question

ddawgg5523 0

right on 28! but seriously op, don't worry about it. it's not like u were realy triing to be an ass. I don't see why your so upset

The fact that you said that shows that you looked beyond his height. By asking him hows the weather down there you did what everybody wants us to do, treat all people as people. You treated your customer like any other customer and if the midget took offense then screw him because that just shows he abuses the fact that he can reek benefits out of people who treat him differently. Don't feel bad but instead feel proud that you have the ability to look pass this person's height and treat him like a normal human being.

Sooo..... maybe next time think BEFORE you speak?