Cool dude

By Blah - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I had to go to my son's school for career day, I explained what a banker does, then asked if anyone had a question. One boy raised his hand and asked, "When are all the cool parents gonna come?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 404
You deserved it 6 487

Top comments

To #3-you've obviously never been in an elementary classroom. Kids are more brutal than Simon Cowell.

Tell that kid "Sorry, there are no parents with cool jobs coming. We fired them all because all your money are belong to us!"

Comments

You should tell the kid you are a cool parent, because if his daddy hurts your feelings and you just happen to make a tiny little mistake, his smart little mouth will be homeless and licking cheese from the cement. :]

Well, you're a banker.. Why do you care anyway? The kid probably expected Tony Soprano.

Next time just calmly reply "Well I think the guy that robbed me this one time is up next..."

Well, to be quite honest, a banker isn't exactly like the most wanted on career day, everyone wants the FBI agent or the fireman, or the dominatrix mom, but still that's cool makin more money then that kid is.

Tell him "the cool parents aren't coming. They're busy cow-towing to my bank for loans" *evil grin*

kittengrl39 0

Interesting. I would expect the parents to be bowing down to the bank (kow-towing) rather than hauling livestock (cow-towing).

You should have been like, "I'm the one to supply your parents with money--the money they use to buy you video games to keep you quiet all day long."

KilgoreTrout_fml 0

It is kind of a douchey career. And cut the kid some slack. His parent(s) probably lost their job because of the recession which was largely caused by greedy, horrendously irresponsible investment banks.