One day this will all be yours

By diapermommy - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my 5-year-old daughter saw a pad commercial. She asked me what they were, but I didn't think she was old enough to hear it. I just told her that they're like diapers for mommies. Now she won't stop telling people that mommy wears diapers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 157
You deserved it 47 177

Top comments

That is why you don't dumb things down for kids, it will always come back to bite you in the butt. You should have told her it was a grown up woman thing she will learn about later.

loveurlifeJK 5

That's why you cut the bullshit when it comes to kids. Just tell them the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Comments

LarissaT18 18

I usually just say ill tell them later and they forget about it if they're young enough.

Just saying things like that will make her sheltered. Say it's a grown up thing.

Oh no. I'm sure the knowledge that you bleed from your ****** once a month would most certainly kill her.

isnobodyhere 32

And this is why we don't lie to our kids

'People who have a womb, like you and me, bleed every month when we get older, and pads are for keeping things clean' worked on the overly-inquisitive 3-year-old who followed me into the bathroom. The phrase 'grown-up diaper' got used a bit, too, but she got the idea. (I didn't say 'women' because a lot of trans women don't bleed, and trans men can bleed, so it's not a gendered thing...as I'm finding out now that I know I'm a dude.)