One day this will all be yours

By diapermommy - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my 5-year-old daughter saw a pad commercial. She asked me what they were, but I didn't think she was old enough to hear it. I just told her that they're like diapers for mommies. Now she won't stop telling people that mommy wears diapers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 157
You deserved it 47 177

Top comments

That is why you don't dumb things down for kids, it will always come back to bite you in the butt. You should have told her it was a grown up woman thing she will learn about later.

loveurlifeJK 5

That's why you cut the bullshit when it comes to kids. Just tell them the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Comments

ziqi92 0

couldnt u have just said "u'll learn when ur older" or something???

Lol. UMMM this totally happened to me - except I was the kid in a grocery store with my little brother and sister. She's buying pads and me and my brother wonder what are those? So she says they are "old lady diapers." I vaguely remember fooling around with my little sibs during the rest of the groceries trip laughing about mom wearing diapers. Now I'm so embarrassed! Better to say you can find out when you're a grown-up...

Awe thats kind of cute and funny, just laugh it off :-)

triplethreat13 0

see, i've always thought that adult diapers would be an alternative to pads. that would save us the leaking, the not enough coverage, and would last us through the night! like it couldn't be a big bulky diaper, just something that would be comfortable in pajama pants...

YDI for not telling your kid the truth. what's wrong with her knowing about periods? kids aren't stupid, and anything you don't tell them you risk them learning from unreliable sources. just tell your kid that when girls become ladies that things change in their bodies and every month a little bit of blood comes out down there and it's nothing to worry about, perfectly natural. that way she won't freak when it happens to her.

ssnickel 0

My mom taught me about periods when I was that age, but not in detail. All she said was "When girls get older they start changing to become ready to have babies when they're adults, and every month they get something called a period which is why they need to buy pads." That's all you really had to say.

kaykay07 0

I probably would have said the same thing. it's more simple and less boring then all the other suggestions. that's pretty funny though. kids are so cute!

well you did tell your kid that you wear diapers.

my mom always told me the truth about stuff like that...even at 5 years old. As a result I'm 24, and I've never been pregnant or had any STDs. With the frate that 12 and 13 year olds are becomming sexually active, the sooner you start talking to your kids about sex the less likely the are to become pregnant at 16 and ruin their futures.

princesshifi 8

I do that to annoy my big sister trust me she will forget it

starberries 0

So you didn't learn by yourself what they were. You learned something totally wrong.