Priorities

By Anonymous - 21/06/2024 13:00 - United States - Maryland Heights

Today, despite being an incredible single mother to my only child, and loving him more than anyone else could, my son still completely ignored me and my attempts to hug him at his gender reveal party with his wife. Apparently she deserved a hug more than I do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 114
You deserved it 1 865

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He's your son, not your husband. Of course he would hug his wife over you; she is now first in his life, not you. He's an adult now with his own family. You can be involved, but you have to respect them as a unit and their boundaries; if you can't do that, get therapy or stay away.

Why are you trying to make this very personal event between your son and his wife all about you?

Comments

He's your son, not your husband. Of course he would hug his wife over you; she is now first in his life, not you. He's an adult now with his own family. You can be involved, but you have to respect them as a unit and their boundaries; if you can't do that, get therapy or stay away.

Dear Lord, please loosen the apron strings before he cuts them himself. "[L]oving him more than anyone else could" indeed. He has another woman first in his life, as it should be, and it's not you. (Sorry for cribbing the last line from another post, it wasn't on purpose).

it's not about you anymore. his baby and wife come before you now. please tell me you didn't run up right after the reveal to hug him

easybree 10

um… she does? see? this is why I don’t date men who had single mothers. the emotional incest is REAL

anony_mouse 5

this is a dumb take considering buddy chose his wife over his mom.

Why are you trying to make this very personal event between your son and his wife all about you?

Perry Winkle 3

Was it a girl and you ripped the word "Boy" out of the ground after chasing the couple around for a second? Sounds like a video I just watched on Facebook

Jeeeeeeeeeesus Christ on a motorbike. Cut the damn umbilical cord already. People like you are why I’m glad my mother lives a day and a half’s drive away.

“That is why a man leaves his father and mother” is an old saying telling us how much it is important to be separated from one’s parents to become adults. And for a pleasant future, please don’t be jealous of your son’s wife. It will only make his life miserable.

We'll see your son's wife later on r/JUSTNOMIL for the rest of the gossip on just what a ******* nightmare you really are...