Seasonal

By crazyautio - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, while at work, a lady with a mustache came in and told me she was lost. I was happy to help, but could not stop rubbing my nose due to allergies. As she left, she said, "I know I have a mustache you little ass" and stormed out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 221
You deserved it 3 043

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If she knows she has one why doesn't she wax it?!

You should have told her "hold on, i mustache you a question".

Comments

Lol it could've been worse. At least you didn't have a mustache tattoo on your finger.

Well she should do something about removing it, and you should take some antihistamines. You both deserve it.

I know, right? OP is such an asshole for having allergies and not being able to do anything about it at the time. In case it flew over anyone's head, my comment was extremely sarcastic.

Oh well, you will most likely never see her again..

Sorry I thought there was a caterpillar on your lip, allow my to swat that bad boy off.

There is just no good way to breach or avoid the subject of female facial hair. You were damned from the start.

Women should plain and simple never have mustaches. Please trim, and handle that bush, thanks

If you want a woman with no body hair, I suggest you start shopping for a RealDoll.

perdix 29

Don't worry, the circus will be leaving town is a couple of days and you won't have to deal with the sideshow acts.

Imagine if the Strong Man was the Bearded Lady's husband. "You like making fun of women you little shit? Huh!?!" I would leave town and assume a new identity.

perdix 29

#31, I prefer to think the Mustachioed Lady as being partners with the Sword Swallower, and the resultant confrontation winds up in a freaky three-way. Oh, yeah ;)

Keliosan 6

Just think of it this way...maybe a gross mustache is karma from something she did in the past and she's paying for it with lowered self esteem and obviously disgusting noticeable facial hair!

Thank you, media, for making society believe that looks are everything. Proof? This whole ******* thread.

So you're telling me that you'd date a woman that had a mustache? Yeah, didn't think so. Get off your high ass horse, the thin air is making you lose brain cells. Fast. Looks aren't everything, but they do play a role, and they tell a lot about things like hygiene, preferences, etc.

Keliosan 6

I don't see much evidence to prove your point in this thread to be honest....a lot of people suggested shaving or waxing because the lady was obviously very self conscious about her facial hair. Op didn't even purposely agitate the situation it was just unfortunate that the lady jumped to the conclusion she was being taunted... There are always shallow people and assholes but please keep your media zombie bullshit to yourself because no one cares...

I do. And this person appears to be one of the very few who actually has any sense. So, please, don't speak for me.

Having a little hair above one's lip has NOTHING to do with hygiene. If that were the case, then most men should be deemed "unhygienic" and condemned the way the women is in this thread.

Keliosan 6

I'm sorry 44 for not considering your opinion deeply and sincerely. I'm more for taking responsibility for your preferences as opposed to blaming the media. The lady obviously did not like the fact she had a mustache but has not corrected it. This isn't an issue of her making the choice to grow a mustache and people bashing her for it. It's her self conscious response to a problem that is easy to correct . So this "society's ****** up view on beauty" bullshit doesn't matter.

#44 - you completely missed the point of the two comments above you. Regardless, at the end of the day, the lady was clearly insecure about her looks and commenters were offering ideas on how to help the lady become less insecure. They wanted her to feel more confident so she doesn't lash out at innocent salespeople.

49-Don't twist my words asswipe. I never said having facial hair was 'unhygenic'. I said "Looks aren't everything, but they do play a role, and can say a lot about hygiene, preferences, etc." Women with facial hair is unusual not because of the media, but because of the evolution of our society as a whole. What may have been okay before would now be considered faux-pas. But if you're into that kind of thing, (which I doubt, your comment reeks of hypocrisy) I won't judge you.

Actually, our species has evolved to have hair. That is the reason she has facial hair in the first place. It may be less common for women to have facial hair (actually, the truth is that females tend to have FINER facial hair then men, not less of it); but even if she is "out of the norm", why should she be made to feel badly about it through institutions like the media, which depict women in an unrealistic manner, often unattainable manner?

I agree that people shouldn't be judged based solely on their looks, as there are multiple factors that go into a person as a whole. However, I said evolution as a SOCIETY, not as a SPECIES. You're right about the media dictating CERTAIN things that we consider social abnormalities, but not all. Again, societal evolution. I was just talking about how it fits in to social do's and dont's.

Lolli3_Lou22 0