By NateTheGreat132 - 20/10/2014 11:59 - United States - Whitehall

Today, after months of job hunting, I started a new job in a deli. I've been a vegetarian since I was 13, but it was the only job I could find. Turns out, I'm allergic to the preservatives they use, as my fingers now resemble sausages. Guess it's time to start job hunting again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 829
You deserved it 4 397

NateTheGreat132 tells us more.

I was wearing gloves. When you open up a new carving block, there's TONS of meaty juice inside of there that you have to drain out. Some of it got inside my gloves.

Comments

Well obviously, you haven't had any meat and now have a weak immune system.

I just recently starting working at a deli, too. I wear gloves the whole time because most the meat is slimy and juicy. Maybe you could?

I WAS wearing gloves. We've already established this.

If you're handling deli food without gloves and washing your hands, I don't want to eat from your deli.

Hello! OP here. I wore gloves AND washed my hands plenty. But, sometimes, the meaty juices still get inside your gloves, or your gloves rip. Thank you and have a nice day.

LOL Those meats aren't fresh. Hate to break it to you, buddy.

If you need help job hunting, I'm here.

Llama_Face89 33

The line about being a vegetarian didn't really add anything to the story..

You see, most people eat sandwiches with meat on them sometimes. I haven't in years. This is why I didn't previously know I was allergic to the preservatives, hence why I mentioned it. Nice try though, buddy.

Hey OP, it may not be a preservative but a bonding agent in the meat. My sister in law is allergic to a milk protein that is used in deli meats. Just a thought! Good luck with the job hunt.

I miss my deli job. Loved my coworkers. They were older so there was never drama. :/

Good thing you didn't start washing dishes.