By howprofessional - 06/09/2013 21:23 - United States - Dearborn

Today, at a job interview, I was asked what I thought of twerking. It was a bizarre question, but trying to get on the interviewer's good side, I said I thought it was pretty cool. He snorted and said I'll be job-seeking for a while yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 923
You deserved it 47 177

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He was probably just afraid that you would start randomly twerking against walls... and doors... and windows... and water coolers... and people in the office. It can be a bit distracting.

That's when you should have said "I thought you said weekend working."

Comments

He probably won't be employed their much longer anyway.

clue_me_in 20

Can't stand the elitist comments. I don't twerk, but if someone likes to twerk, then they can. It doesn't make them less intelligent or someone to look down on. Twerking has been around for YEARS before Miley Cyrus decided to take it and ruin it with her failed attempts.

THANK YOU. I'm just disgusted reading these comments.

I agree with kitty292 Thank you very much!

OP, honestly you deserved it, the job interviewers wanted to see if you act like a ****, so if you said that you hated twerking then they would hire you because they will think that you are a woman of respect and integrity and not of bitchiness..

Wow! So not only are you implying that any women who likes or performs twerking is a ****, but that it is somehow her employers business if she is a **** or not. You're wrong on both cases. Not every woman who likes twerking is a ****. You don't like it and you think it's slutty? Well great for you! Get off your god damn high horse! No one else has to live by your "moral" compass. Also, no one's employer has ANY right to know or judge them on their number of sexual partners, dancing likes or dislikes, or sexual proclivities (as long as they aren't pedophiles or necrophiles, in those cases please judge as much as you seem fit) No employer has any right to make hiring decisions based on how "slutty" them deem you to be.

Everyone is allowed their personal opinion, but I'm upset about the job interviewer's reaction. Twerking is a way that people dance and express themselves. As a black female who doesn't twerk, I'm annoyed that the interviewer thought it would be okay to deny OP a job just because they claimed to like twerking. As long as OP wasn't planning to twerk at work or in a work-related setting, I don't see the problem. You won't see me twerking at a club but you know what? People do it and I'm not knocking them for it.

koza 8

Twerking is just another sensation passing by. Like planking, Gangnam style, and Harlem shake. Don't worry, folks. It'll be gone soon!

Sounded pretty random for them to ask that. Or maybe they had a bad experience with a past employee with it?

vffjvsegb 11

I guess you weren't applying at a strip club..

APPLEZACKS 9

I don't see how people told you that you deserved it... All you were trying to do was make him like you more.

Who would really ever think "It's pretty cool"?