By xxccruzxx - 29/06/2012 13:30 - United States

Today, at work, my phone kept crashing. Without thinking, I announced that it was having a seizure. Who did I announce this to? My boss. Who also happens to have epilepsy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 165
You deserved it 29 856

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh my god...you said "seizure" in front of someone with epilepsy? You're a terrible person! You should be beaten for that! Oh wait, that's insensitive to people who have been beaten. My apologies. I meant to say that you suck! No, that's insensitive to people who can't afford a vacuum. What I meant was, how could you be so stupid? Wait wait, that's insensitive to stupid people... See where I'm going with this, people? If you weren't so goddamned sensitive about every little thing wrong with you, people wouldn't have to worry so much about offending you. I'm not perfect at all, but I've learned to laugh at my own inadequacies and errors. Ultimately I'm happier and so is everyone around me.

I dunno, I don't think that's really offensive, he must've known you weren't being malicious or anything. I have a heart condition and if someone told me they were having a heart attck in a similar sentence I wouldn't care, I doubt I'd even really register it as possibly offensive. Some phrases are, like saying your phone is 'being a spaz', but I don't think what OP said is anything bad. It's not derogatory.

Comments

Did he share any tips to deal with it?

candylandy 1

Wrong choice of words :( hope he looks past it !

Quick, hold a strobe light up to his face and flee!

sjp82 1

That's a horrible thing to say! You're the type of ignorant person I can't stand. I have epilepsy and if you were in my shoes you wouldn't find it funny either.

monnanon 13

If your boss was in any way offended by you saying seizure in such a context then he needs to grow a thicker skin. The word siezure is not just linked to epilepsy and I honestly don't see what you are worrying about here. People need to stop worrying so much about what others think and realise that they are just words.

So true, so true, No. 54. My daughter has seizures but she does not have epilepsy. And you are so right, everyone is such a baby these days. It is not like the boss was having a seizure and the OP pointed and laughed, for crying out loud. When people say something is 'retarded' I am not offended. If someone were to point at my daughter and say, "Look, a retard" well NOW I am offended but really, who is ever going to do such a thing? Even the biggest assholes I have ever enountered have done no more than holler at me because they resented that we get a handicapped parking space (she's in a wheelchair) but none of them ever ridiculed her.

hateevryone 14

It was an accident. Accidents happens.

Thats not cool because that is like calling something retarded when you mean its bad it just isn't right to make fun of someones disease even though you weren't thinking and didn't mean it like that you should watch what you say

Not everybody can watch what they say all the time. Sometimes things are going to slip out. Quit making yourself into a paragon of virtue and tact.

I have epilepsy and honestly I don't find it offensive. It is what it is. I'm sure you're overreacting.

Who says there phones having a seizure? YDI