By xxccruzxx - 29/06/2012 13:30 - United States

Today, at work, my phone kept crashing. Without thinking, I announced that it was having a seizure. Who did I announce this to? My boss. Who also happens to have epilepsy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 165
You deserved it 29 856

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh my god...you said "seizure" in front of someone with epilepsy? You're a terrible person! You should be beaten for that! Oh wait, that's insensitive to people who have been beaten. My apologies. I meant to say that you suck! No, that's insensitive to people who can't afford a vacuum. What I meant was, how could you be so stupid? Wait wait, that's insensitive to stupid people... See where I'm going with this, people? If you weren't so goddamned sensitive about every little thing wrong with you, people wouldn't have to worry so much about offending you. I'm not perfect at all, but I've learned to laugh at my own inadequacies and errors. Ultimately I'm happier and so is everyone around me.

I dunno, I don't think that's really offensive, he must've known you weren't being malicious or anything. I have a heart condition and if someone told me they were having a heart attck in a similar sentence I wouldn't care, I doubt I'd even really register it as possibly offensive. Some phrases are, like saying your phone is 'being a spaz', but I don't think what OP said is anything bad. It's not derogatory.

Comments

Its okay! It was an accident. If it helps u feel better i get seizures and i dont get offended when ppl slip. I understand its a mistake

As someone with Epilepsy for 20+ years I wouldn't have been offended, I actually found the comment amusing.

If he was offended by that, then he is over sensitive. I have been an epileptic for 27 years. My favorite joke? "What do you do when an epileptic has a seizure in the bathtub? Toss in your laundry." :) People need to stop being so damned worried about what others think. It's not as if OP used the word seizure against her boss. It's simply a word, and I for one would have giggled about its use here. But then, I am comfortable with my condition and don't really give a rats ass what anyone has to say.

AntonioMontana 0
sjp82 1

I have epilepsy and would have found this offensive. Not because I'm too sensitive but because most people are ignorant and don't really understand what epilepsy is all about. They laugh when someone jokes that they're having a seizure but if they knew how scary seizures can be and how hard it can be living with epilepsy they wouldn't take it so lightly.

Maby u should get rid of your android phone

Seeing as I have a brother who suffered from epilepsy during his childhood, I am deeply offended by your comment. It's people like you who I wish would shut their mouths before saying stupid, insensitive comments such as that because the world would be a kinder place WITHOUT people like you. Moral of the story: Think before you speak, sir.

ClairM 4

Really?! really? your saying you never ONCE said anything like "your so retarded" or "thats so gay" cause thats offensive to them. Cause im sure somewhere down the line you said something that was offensive to someone.

Xethinus 1
sgtcxelite 11

If my immature 16 year old brother can joke about his epilepsy with his friends, a grown man should learn how to accept a simple mistake. I'm usually an extremely sensitive, very emotional 15 year old girl and even I don't think this a big deal. A lot of you are just being too sensitive. OP obviously recognized it was a mistake, so get over it.