By Stupid - 01/03/2018 15:00

Today, I found out my son has been lying about being sick. He kept complaining so I took him to the doctor and got him some medicine. Now he’s actually sick because he took meds he didn’t even need. He did it solely so he could get an expensive get well soon gift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 003
You deserved it 870

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Uhm, why would it even be in his mind that he would be getting an expensive "get well soon" gift? Sounds like he's a little too spoiled. I expected you to say he did it to get out of school.

well why would you be buying expensive get well gifts enough that he knows to expect it? getting sick is a common thing and you take care of them and teach them how to care for themselves, not something to award, no wonder kids are such snowflakes now

Comments

well why would you be buying expensive get well gifts enough that he knows to expect it? getting sick is a common thing and you take care of them and teach them how to care for themselves, not something to award, no wonder kids are such snowflakes now

VDubGolf 13

Maybe he saw someone else getting an expensive gift

EnvyMe33 26

If only people could express criticism without using troll or right wing language.

KnowsWhatAJokeIs 4

Snowflake is neither troll or right wing language. You are a snowflake.

Maybe if you weren't such a snowflake you wouldn't be bothered by the language used to express criticism.

bannlyst 3

it's easy to get frustrated seeing people get spoiled and turned into brats, there's waaay to many kids that get their way and grow rotten as an untreated spruce deck.

I wish people could read or hear common expressions without making a political thing out of it.

Uhm, why would it even be in his mind that he would be getting an expensive "get well soon" gift? Sounds like he's a little too spoiled. I expected you to say he did it to get out of school.

Well, now you owe him another expensive “Get Well Soon” gift, and you’d better hope he doesn’t go through withdrawal from the unnecessary meds. Because you know what will happen if he does? That’s right, you’ll be on the hook for another expensive gift!!!

Wintermelons 19

And it will be even more expensive

Yes, the OP might go bankrupt. The kid could be so traumatized by his parent’s bankruptcy that he’ll have a nervous breakdown. And you know what he’ll deserve then? Another expensive gift!

onceuponatime456 16

What kind of idiots give expensive get well gifts????

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

... I've hear a lot of bs, but a get-well-soon-gift? Why? Unless it's medicine that actually helps curing the sickness that's useless. All that does is giving him another reason besides skipping school to pretend to be sick...

That's quite the commitment of him. Lying to your parents: Ok Lying to a doctor: Hmmmm Taking medicine you don't need: Dude, no. He totally deserves being sick for real now, although it's sucks for you that you have to continue to take care of him.

Since when do kids get get well soon gifts ? (other than for big cases) I feel like the more time goes by, the more we pamper and reward kids for anything and everything, I mean the other day I heard there was a ceremony for graduating middle school ? really ? why ?

julfunky 29

Getting sick is nothing to reward but I see no harm in giving a middle school graduation ceremony. We had one. It was a great time to have one last party before the stress of high school sets in. Last time to have fun with friends before you scatter across the big high school and one last time to say farewell to the teachers you adored. Having ceremonies in school and expecting a gift just for getting sick is a big difference.

I graduated out of fifth grade... it's too much. By the time high school rolled around, I didn't walk because I had done it three times already.

TruCarnage117 5

idk I think it's important to mark transitions like that.

Give him the medical bill as his expensive get well gift. Teach that brat how much doctor visits can cost.

Lobby_Bee 17

Your son gets a gift for getting better? Can you be my mother too? Pretty please!

My worry is more about the doctor! Ibuprofen or paracetamol wouldn't normally make you sick so I assume it was antibiotics. Either your kid managed to fake an inflammation or this doctor writes up prescriptions without a proper checkup.