By mom21 - 08/02/2011 17:46 - United States

Today, I got a call from my daughter’s teacher asking me to come pick her up. My daughter wouldn’t tell her what was wrong. I left an important work meeting. When I got there she stated her boyfriend broke up with her and she couldn't emotionally make it through the rest of the day. She's 5. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 493
You deserved it 7 983

mom21_fml tells us more.

WOW. First off, the only reason I posted this was because I called my husband to tell him about this and he thought itd be funny to post this on here. Now I wish I hadn't. Most of you people are more dramatic than my daughter. I made an account to defend my child. She's five. She was just being silly...

Top comments

if she were older I'd say YDI for thinking it wasn't important. but 5? LOL.

its pretty bad if a 5 year old feels that way. she's too young. FYL

Comments

Lufferkinz 0

Kid, when I was your age, I lost my tooth, not my virginity

xmarkstheheart 0

Yeah, she must've gotten that from you! Although since she's only 5, her "boyfriend" is no doubt in her class and she would see him all day long, so I can see how that COULD be traumatic. But still, in 10 years she'll be the girl who gets out of school because of her period. Watch out for that!

sounds like your kid is turning out to be a real bitch

What the hell was the teacher thinking? She couldn't handle a five year old?

Aregonde 15

I agree--the teacher handled it inappropriately. You don't send a kid home because she's crying. If her crying is disrupting the class and she won't stop, send her to the nurse or the counselor. If you're concerned about her well-being, contact the parents during non-work hours. But don't make them miss work because you can't handle five-year-olds being five-year-olds.

I don't understand that if you thought it was "funny", then why post on fml to gripe? secondly 99% of 5 yr olds wouldn't state that they're too emotionally upset to finish the school day unless they saw you or another person exclaim something similar. be a parent and tell her she can't do that again nor may she have a bf til she's 17.

Jester7 0

I agree with number 10 but not for this specific case

Griggy 0

Umm... If she's feeling that way at five then t age 9, she may need a chastity belt...

woah. give her abc blocks instead of days of our lives. she is screwed otherwise