By King.Dick. - 02/04/2015 14:21 - United States - Windsor Heights

Today, I had to give a presentation at school about King Richard III. I realized too late that someone had changed his name to "King Dick" on all the slides. My little sister later broke into hysterics and confessed this had been her April Fool's prank. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 047
You deserved it 2 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully, with any luck, your peers would find it just as hilarious and your teacher will find a way to forgive the situation. Always double check, OP! Little sisters can't be trusted...

Comments

Greendaycheese 12

Typing dick? It's not exactly that hard.

Greendaycheese 12

So you see what I did there.

At least it wasn't King Shocker if you know what I mean...

Eyalsh 32

so far 14 people have no idea what you mean

RedandBlue 18

reasons why I triple check everything and keep my eyes peeled on April Fool's Day.

For an April Fool's prank I literally peeled someone's eyes. Funny right? Judge didn't think so. I'm probably going to be doing 25 to life. I guess I deserve it.

SystemofaBlink41 27

So they just let you use FML on your freetime?

Yeah. It falls under one of the amendments or something. I had a pretty good lawyer.

This is what sisters are good for. I would know cause I have two unfortanate brothers. ;) nah I'm just playing. Sorry OP.

Yes your life sucks, but then again you should always double check your work before making a presentation. :)

I hate when people say stuff like this. Maybe op did double check his work and his sister wrote the stuff on as he was in the washroom right before he left the house. If he's already proofread everything and had someone else look over it all as well then that's enough. It's not like he's going to check it 8 times and then once more the second before he presents. Some people (the pranksters) wait for an opportunity to screw you when you're not expecting it. Can't blame you op, I just hope everyone laughed and that the teacher understood you had been pranked for April fools.

#11, I have always checked my work numerous times before I give presentations. Heck just the other day I gave a presentation in class, and before I was called up to do it, I was checking it again to be safe. Some people are like me, who always check and check and check to make sure, and many others double check and move on, and some, don't check at all.

25, true. But my point is that if a person has double checked their work, they shouldn't have to keep checking again and again and again if it was perfect the last time. You shouldn't have to check that much on the possibility of some idiot screwing you work up. I guess my point is that it doesn't make sense to say it op's fault for not double checking when they did; and that there is always the opportunity for some idiot to pull a prank and screw your work up.

@25, maybe, but even then, you can miss things. So there is a point at which checking again is just pointless...

Hopefully, with any luck, your peers would find it just as hilarious and your teacher will find a way to forgive the situation. Always double check, OP! Little sisters can't be trusted...

Eyalsh 32

King Richard was a she? Interesting new fact, #29.

Eyalsh 32

i thought she was referring to OPs sister. oh well, too late for that. let the burial ceremony of my comment begin.

jjones0818 12

Would that not make it queen richard