By codyolimason - 08/06/2016 20:36 - United States - Macedon

Today, I went to pick my dog up from my old house where my ex-boyfriend still lives. I rang the doorbell and saw him look out of the side window holding the dog. When I told him I was there for my dog, he claimed that the dog was his now. He broke up with me because he hates dogs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 878
You deserved it 933

codyolimason tells us more.

Hey guys it's OP I'm honestly surprised this was published considering its my first FML, but that's besides the point and for those of you if you're curious my dog is a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel named Bella. I was with the guy for about a year and 8 months and he had always been the sweetest. To all the people who are saying he broke up with me because of other reasons, he broke up with me about a week after he asked me to move into his apartment and he realized I had a dog(even though he has met her on multiple occasions) I guess I should mention I had just arrived with a moving truck to move my stuff in. So I don't know what other reason it could have been. So I should clarify that it was technically my new place. I left the dog at the apartment while I went back to my previous apartment to see if it was possible to get it back, and I had no where else to put her because all of my family lives about 800 miles away and this happened when most people were at work so I couldn't ask my friends. I also wasn't going to leave my dog in the car with all this heat. I asked my ex if she could stay while I went back to my previous apartment and he said it was okay as long as I got her before he had to leave for work(which is understandable). And to those who offered comments about how I could get her back, THANK YOU for the input. I did rescue her and have had her about 2 years, so I do have documents from the vet, stating she is mine. She is also a registered therapy dog so I have all the registration paperwork for that.

Top comments

Reality_bites 14

Is the dog microchipped? If so, whoever is registered against the microchip details owns the dog. If thats you OP, you can call the police and you'll get your dog back.

that is when you make a big scene and cry and make sure all the neighbors see. if he doesn't give it back he will look like a total ass

Comments

that is when you make a big scene and cry and make sure all the neighbors see. if he doesn't give it back he will look like a total ass

Welp, it's a good thing you broke up with him. You can see his immaturity from this FML alone.

OP didn't break up with him, he broke up with OP.

flyingflies 36

Did he buy or rent the place? If it's still yours, break the door down and get you dog back.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
SteveDudleyUK 10

Number 4, Can you divorce an ex boyfriend in USA?

There is so much wrong with this comment

Reality_bites 14

Is the dog microchipped? If so, whoever is registered against the microchip details owns the dog. If thats you OP, you can call the police and you'll get your dog back.

sohigh10 34

I'm fairly certain he just blew you off with that reason and that there's something different motivating the break up

SteveDudleyUK 10

I could imagine him doing this out of spite if you broke up with you even though it's a horrible thing to do. As he broke up with you and especially why he broke up with you this is the most nasty thing I've come across on a FML posting. If Kama truly works he is going to get something really bad happening to him and would be fully deserved.

Definitely call the police for stolen property if the dog is microchipped in your name.

even if it's npt microchiped call the cops. if you have a record of taking it to the vets it would show that you are the owner.