By Steve97 - 13/07/2015 04:15 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I woke up and texted my girlfriend, "Good morning" like I do everyday. She responded with, "I'm dating somebody else". FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 435
You deserved it 2 254

Steve97 tells us more.

Steve97 32

Hey this is OP. I didn't know this got posted until looking at the new fml's. This happened this weekend a few days after my birthday no less. Part of it is my fault I've been working hard doing two jobs to save up enough money to hopefully move in with her someday. But this left me with barely little time to spend with her and she took it as me losing interest in her so she started dating someone else without me knowing and I didn't find out until she admitted it hours after I texted her. I still talk to her and she does feel terrible but whatever. Thanks to everyone for the support and I'm just taking it one day at a time now.

Top comments

Wow, sorry that happened OP. She's definitely not worth your time.

Comments

CliffyB03 28

A lot happened in those few hours between goodnight and good morning

Maybe she was talking to someone else after she said goodnight

ballislife2324 14

Just you just text her "I'm ******* someone else."

LadyLuck93 20

That was very Rude of her... you'll find someone way better.

You know, if thats something that you do everyday (texting "Good Morning") then obviously youre thoughtful. Very thoughtful. Youre better off without her, especially seeing as that level of thought will ensure that you keep whoever you may date in the future, a lot longer. Good luck, man.

That's one way to say our relationship is over...but again a breakup over text...well sort of

Oh wow that's harsh. Sorry about that OP. You deserve better than that.

What a thoughtful way to break up with you, your response should have been "ok."

Just hear me out, but could she think you were somebody else? If your good morning text woke her up, she might not've realised it was from you and just thrown in the "I'm dating somebody else" in an effort to ward off someone else? But her responding like that isn't very nice even if it was to somebody else.

Well he said he does it everyday, so I think it's safe to say he's pretty sure she knew it was him

The text hints at her cheating even if she thought it wasn't him. Instead of saying "I'm dating someone" or "I'm not interested" she said "I'm dating someone ELSE." And I agree with the previous poster, he did it every day. There's not really a way to turn it that wouldn't warrant op moving on and her being a bitch.

I'm a very optimistic person and try to look at all sides before coming to a conclusion. But yes, as I've said before, the text she sent back was very rude even to somebody else.

Optimism is fine as long as you don't let it blind you. If people did that, people wouldn't break up with total socks or cheaters because they are too hopeful. Have hope, try to look for good, but don't be blind.