By Anonymous - 10/06/2009 13:12 - United States

Today, my adorable five and a half year old boy told me that when he grows up he's going to be my boyfriend. I thought it was kinda cute until I asked him why. "Because you need one." FML
I agree, your life sucks 466
You deserved it 50

Top comments

The 5 year old doesn't think like we do. Our minds are perverted and know what boyfriends and girlfriends do (have sex); however, the 5 year old doesn't. All he knows is that boyfriends and girlfriends love each other... And is it that wrong that a 5 yr old loves his mom? You people need some serious ******* help.

lovemyE8 0

This happened to a girl friend of mine, except the boy is 3 and he said "When I grow up I want to marry mommy." She said, "Oh, that's so sweet . . ." He says, "And I'll yell at you all the time just like Daddy." FHL

Comments

Awe op I think your boy just wants to make you happy!!! Besides like others have said children don't understand these things, all he knows is that he wants to make you happy and he thinks you having a bf would do that. Maybe you should go meet someone?

I still think it's cute. You have to look at it from his shoes. He is an innocent child who is expressing his love for his mom. Even if you are a single mom and he said that, I can understand why it could be less cute, but I would think it is still cute. Your son is just expressing his love for you. Would you rather have him grow up so fast and become a rebellious teenager or something? Enjoy them when they are still cute.

I'm currently reevaluating my opinion of Freud. Maybe the Oedipus complex is a real part of child development, though I still prefer Kohlberg's developmental stages to Freud's.

That last face she makes in the last panel must the the face she puts on when she goes on dates. No wonder she doesn't have a boyfriend.

oj101 33

that's not too strange. he justchas an Oedipus complex. according to Freud we all suffer from it