By darksaber522 - 25/11/2015 21:40 - Canada - Kitchener

Today, my boss fired three of the four other people who were going to work with me on Black Friday in my department. Now it's just me and a new hire. My boss doesn't see a problem. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 327
You deserved it 1 527

darksaber522 tells us more.

darksaber522 12

OP here. They mouthed off to the manager + frequently missed shifts, so they won't be missed (except tomorrow)

Top comments

Your boss will see the problem if you happen to come down with a quick case of "food poisoning" and can't make it to work. Good luck!

Wizardo 33

Here layeth OP, a brave and unfortunate soul. RIP.

Comments

Well, hey at least you know that your the best out of the bunch huh? I wish you all the luck I can give OP.

Just do your job and let him sink in his own mistake....

Get yourself a tazer. No one will ever know in the mass crowd where it came from. Black Friday shoppers deserve it anyway

Le_ponderer 14

i guess all you can do is just go at your own pace, op. if people complain, send them to your manager.

i hope you've trained for the hunger games. good luck

He'll see his issue if you don't come in/quit/or call off.

Those three people got fired before Christmas. That sucks. Not to mention he sure knows how to put a black cloud over his business by leaving you alone with the new hire. Customers are going to be frustrated. Your boss seems like an all around idiot.

I agree with #2. A mysterious case of "food poisoning" is better than facing the hoards of rampaging people on Black Friday.....

The worst part is, should you happen to "be sick" or not show up for any other reason, the new hire will have to handly it on their own. You can't just ditch them.