By Gus - 30/11/2012 19:30 - Canada - Richmond

Today, my girlfriend confronted me for forgetting to take the trash out. At some point during the argument, I tried to calm her down, and the words "I should of" escaped my lips. She spent the next ten minutes calling me stupid and laughing at how my grammar goes to hell when I'm distressed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 309
You deserved it 4 991

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have a feeling this will be one of the most grammatically-corrected threads in the history of FML. That should serve as fair warning to all the "ur" idiots out there.

I think saying it is fine since it sounds like "should've." Your girlfriend sounds like a bitch, OP.

Comments

I feel your pain. I once wrote a fic and posted it, and I didn't notice that I accidentally wrote 'should of' instead of 'should have'. I got flamed and insulted before I could fix it. FYL, OP.

Honestly, I probably would have done the same... :)

well, you could've just said "no, I said I should've. hahaha you dumb bitch you're half deaf!

winkydog4056 16

#42_I'm sorry to inform you that 'laughing at a girl on her period' is strongly advised against! Severe consequences will be the result, not limited to penile and/or testicular amputation (no anaesthesia), severe bodily harm and needing a new girlfriend.

perdix 29

#42, her period is probably an exclamation point.

winkydog4056 16

Gus dear. If your girlfriend 'flipped out' due to garbage & grammar, it sounds like there's a lot more serious issues below the surface in this relationship.

I see nothing wrong with your grammar.

I understand why you don't, after reading your "about"

I dunno. Reading over the story, the only grammatical error I see is that he ended a sentence in a preposition; even then, it's usually a negligible mistake.

No, it definitely should have been 'should have' not 'should of,' but it's just so stupid of her to stop to mock him for a grammar mistake. She obviously just wanted to make him feel stupid in any way possible.

My history teacher had a breakdown over that calling us wannabe 'gangstas' after the class said it was a bit of an over reaction she continued to rant about it resulting in her doing the dick head symbol to certain members of the class

Xxlaurahatakexx 9

Yes, you should have been more considerate. Lol sorry man. I'm a grammar nazi, too. My boyfriend gets quite annoyed. You'll adjust.