By eas - 18/07/2009 02:11 - Indonesia

Today, tanning session on a heavenly beach in Bali. A local seller came to me and showed me the swimsuits that she was selling. She also add with a big smile: “I have big size for you!” FML
I agree, your life sucks 663
You deserved it 98

Top comments

I say if you're comfortable in your skin, thats all that matters

Coffee5555 14

well, atleast she's honest and doesn't want to sell you something that won't fit on..instead of lying to you.. but you being unhappy with that then i guess you should work on that and stop complaining!!

Comments

I say if you're comfortable in your skin, thats all that matters

Coffee5555 14

well, atleast she's honest and doesn't want to sell you something that won't fit on..instead of lying to you.. but you being unhappy with that then i guess you should work on that and stop complaining!!

I say it was more hurtful how they pointed it out. It's not like you say,"Oh we have a medium size for you" for people who aren't fat or skinny

katachristic 19

I kinda get it cause sometimes that's one of the selling points for a store. A lot of stores simply only stock medium and small, so it might make sense to advertise it if it sets you apart.

Is it possible that the salesperson meant this size also suits taller people? South East Asian women often tend to be a lot shorter than Europeans/Americans/Australians. As OP writes "local seller", she's probably a tourist.

It's possible, but I don't think op would have considerd it an FML if she wasn't a bit overweight. It is of course possible that she has an average body but thinks she's to big.

Anyone else noticed that this was posted in 2009?

In Asian countries the sizes are tiny compared to most other countries. I wouldn't feel too bad about it. :)

Sir_Cow 17

Big boobs and a big butt needs bigger sizes, right?

I understand how this could have sounded hurtful, but it was very possible she meant your height/breasts/hips. Plus considering how some countries simply are smaller on average, you may appear 'big'.

I don't know your size but I don't believe it's an insult - a lot of people warn against buying clothes in Asian countries because their idea of sizes is different to many other countries. She was probably proud that she understood that problem and had a solution for you.

In France I am a size M and in Asia I only fit in XXL. We are much taller and wider than Asian.

I couldn't agree more. In the states I wear a large, in Europe an xl and in south East Asia I can fit into a 4xl but prefer a 5xl

it depends on what part of you she is saying that to for it to be a compliment or an insult