By Anonymous - 03/01/2010 06:20 - United States

Today, my 8 year-old niece and I were arguing over how many letters were in the alphabet. Guess who was right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 034
You deserved it 50 697

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how you managed to find this website, figure out how to submit your story, and type it in, is beyond me.

Comments

If you look at the times of the first and second comments, it's exactly the same minute.

If you didn't type that last sentence you would have been first. LONG LIVE ONE WORD POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

broken_chaos 0

Whomever said "twenty six" -- assuming you're talking about the basic Latin, English alphabet, anyway. Some foreign (even Latin-based) languages have more or (in rare cases, I think) fewer letters. An example of this is Spanish, which tends to count all of 'ch', 'll', and 'ñ' as letters in the alphabet, even though they're not basic, single Latin characters. Non-Latin based languages can have *vastly* higher numbers of letters/characters to deal with, such as Asian languages.

It's alright. I didn't know that the colour orange and the fruit orange were spelt the same up until a few days ago >_>..

How the hell did you think they were spelled?!

Thunderbender 2

Please do. Or at least wear a condom.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

its spelled differently in different countries... likewise with 'favour' etc.

also, you don't "no" how to spell "know."

honostly who the **** cares if you messed up. i guarentee you half the people in the word dont know how many abcs there are *ahem*24

since less than half of the people in the world speak english, that is a meaningless guarantee. also, learn to spell.

"*ahem*24"? really? Count again, idiot. Theres more than 24 letters in the alphabet.

hey assholes, there is more than one alphabet

Don't you people get sarcasm? This person was kidding, trying to be funny.

bugmenotmofo 34

If he was trying to be funny he failed.

>>>---the joke---> _____ ( ) ( )people's head

GlambertGirl93 0

Just so you know the Italian alphabet has less letters than the standard English. They don't use the letter K J W X or Y

how you managed to find this website, figure out how to submit your story, and type it in, is beyond me.

This has to be the best comment I have seen in a long time

What country, Elbonia? Your confidence in something you are "sure", is as pathetic as his knowledge of his alphabet.