By Anonymous - 03/01/2010 06:20 - United States

Today, my 8 year-old niece and I were arguing over how many letters were in the alphabet. Guess who was right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 034
You deserved it 50 697

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how you managed to find this website, figure out how to submit your story, and type it in, is beyond me.

Comments

Stop wasting your life on sites like this and go get an education, OP. YDI

Knowing (or not knowing) how many letters are in your alphabet doesn't affect anything at all. It doesn't reflect intelligence, and you can certainly read, write, and do anything else without knowing that the standard American English alphabet has 26 letters. For example, a master chef could know how to make the most delicious seafood dish you've ever tasted, with a multitude of spices, a variety of sea creatures, etc. And he could have the whole recipe memorized and could make it perfectly any time, anywhere. But he may not know off the top of his head that his recipe happens to utilize, say, 38 individual ingredients. It really doesn't matter. Sure, most people do remember how many letters there are, but the only place that knowledge is ever used is in one situation - talking about how many letters a language has. The knowledge has no other applications.

So you didn't know the alphabet has 26 letters either? Rofl.

Dumbest. Person. Ever. Congratulations, dumbass.

epoh_fml 0

How could you NOT know how many letters are in the alphabet?!? Just . . . just wow.

Foxracingluver 0

that's not even really an FML, it just shows how ridiculously stupid you are. YDI.