Bosses gonna boss

By Anonymous - 11/09/2010 23:36 - United States

Today, I talked to my boss about scheduling my urgently needed surgery. She asked me to wait until after Christmas, and told me that I should use vacation time instead of sick leave. She's also not going to give me the total paid time off my contract specifies, because it's "inconvenient." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 058
You deserved it 2 336

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ummm...she can't do that. Contracts are legally binding. Unless there's a loophole she's exploiting.

Legal action would be a good idea for you right about now.

Comments

kristidgranger 3

I'm pretty sure she can't do that sh*t. They put that stuff in writing for a reason. You need to go talk to HR about this because she can not do that.

This is where you go to your labor union and press charges. Unless you never joined one or your job doesn't have one.. in that case, YDI.

Depending on the size of the company you work for and the length of time that you've been at this job, you may qualify for leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act. Otherwise, there's a reason you signed a contract. Grow some and tell her you'll be leaving for surgery on X date.

You have a contract. Tell her if she violates that contract, that is cause for a lawsuit, and firing you for bringing that up will also bring a nice lawsuit. If she makes noise, point out that you can and will talk to her boss about her intentions to bring a lawsuit at the firms door, and one that they will outright lose. Do so.

TheyCallMeThumpe_fml 0