Brutal

By Bob - 26/07/2024 13:00 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I worked my job then went home to enjoy my weekend. An hour later, I was called and told I was fired, without any reason given. I can’t even empty my locker, as they'd said they would mail my things to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 487
You deserved it 59

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wadlaen 23

Surely, they can't just suddenly fire you without a valid reason? I'd have an attorney look into the case; you might be entitled compensation from your former employer.

Unfortunately, California is an at-will state, like most others.

Comments

Wadlaen 23

Surely, they can't just suddenly fire you without a valid reason? I'd have an attorney look into the case; you might be entitled compensation from your former employer.

Unfortunately, California is an at-will state, like most others.

angeleyes0724 10

They still have to have just cause. If not they are still liable for unemployment claims and sometimes even lawsuits.

They don't have to provide any kind of justification. Unless there is a specific contract in place or there are union rules regarding termination, there's not much the OP can do.

You work in an "at will" employment state (most states are). They don't have to give a reason for terminating your employment, but they could still be on the hook for your unemployment, if you choose to go that route. Unless you are in a union or have specific contract negotiations regarding employment, not sure there is much you can do, legally, unless you can prove there was some form of discrimination or retaliation.