Fancy seeing you here

By Pikababy19 - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Mount Vernon

Today, I woke up and heard the shower running. Would have been nice to know my father-in-law was here before I walked in naked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 051
You deserved it 2 330

Top comments

So why would you walk naked into a bathroom where the shower was running when you know you didn't turn it on? Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but it sounds like YDI to me.

She probably thought it was her husband

Comments

This story reminds me of my Grandma in-law always "accidently" walking in.

If you heard the shower running, why would you walk in naked? There's clearly someone in there.

Well, the last time I decided to join my husband in the shower, I sure as hell didn't go in fully clothed... She didn't know her FIL was there. Why would she assume it was anyone other than her spouse?

You have to assume that she KNEW her father in law was in the house. Otherwise it implies what, that he snuck in to have a shower? (Or if they were at the in-laws house, even more so) And assuming that she did know, she should have exercised some caution/common sense, since it could have been him as easily as it could have been her husband.

Maybe the husband knew he was there and OP didn't

Maybe it even specifies in the post that he/she didn't know that the FIL was there...

If I knew my FIL was over, I would not be walking around naked and going into rooms unannounced. I'm thinking FIL stopped by in the morning (maybe FIL showers broken) and needed a shower before work. I do not knock when I want to join my husband in the shower. Your assumptions are on the wrong side!

Okay, so everyone has gotten that she thought her husband was in the shower. But did she know that they had company? Did the father in law just invite himself into their house?

'Would have been nice to know my father in law was here' suggests that she didn't know they had company. Her husband probably let him in/knew he was coming and forgot to tell her.

Please don't have any thoughts about saving water at that moment.

This honestly sounds like the beginning to a creepy porno

I just want to know who u though was in the shower that it was ok to just walk in naked on them

how could you not know that he was there?

After shopping, I came home to the front door open, bathroom door open, water running. I close the front door. Go to room. Nobody goes to the shower. Water shuts off, adult stepdaughter goes out in the hallway naked yelling for a towel. She stood there with a dumbass look like, WTF, you are home. But said nothing, got a towel and dressed in the bathroom.