Hazardous

By Anonymous - 28/09/2016 13:08 - United Kingdom - London

Today, my kitchen is trying to kill me. So far, I've hit my head three times on cupboards that opened themselves, cut open my hand on the microwave door when it slammed shut, and burned my cheek with the "heat-proof" oven mitt when I pushed the hair off my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 267
You deserved it 2 504

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Heat proof means heat won't go through it and burn your hand on the inside. It still heats up on the outside.

I think your house is trying to tell you something... It's time to pack your bags, the next thing you know a girl is going to be crawling out of your TV late at night.

Comments

Ooooh! You're right! haha What was I thinking?? Lol

I'm not saying it was ghosts but...it was ghosts.

It's "heat proof" in that your hand INSIDE THE MITT won't get hot, it doesn't mean it, itself, won't.

perhaps you should just sit down and order out, much safer lol

middlenamefrank 8

Contrary to popular belief, cupboard doors actually don't open themselves, the microwave door didn't "slam shut" passively, and the oven mitt is just supposed to keep heat from getting THROUGH it to your hand. Sorry, but YDI.

Sure, cupboard doors might not "open themselves", but depending on the quality of the doors and the tilt of the house, they might swing open without OP's participation. Happened at my first apartment all the time.

YDI with the oven mitt. Everything else sounds like a FYL for cooking during a mild earthquake.

Dude your house is quite obviously haunted.

It's called heat proof because it protects your hand inside from the heat. The outside is still hot because it touched hot things.