Look out!

By Danger. Hard Hat Area. - This FML is from back in 2017 but it's good stuff - United States - Philadelphia

Today, while walking past a construction site on my way to class, a hard hat fell off a roof and hit me on the head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 937
You deserved it 575

Top comments

kitsuneluvuh 12

That is some of the most delicious irony I have ever tasted. Hope you're okay.

Comments

awildwhisper 30

You should have been wearing a hard hat when walking past a construction site :p

cootiequeen4444 11

How did that happen? Both of the colleges I attended has construction sites part of the time I was there and there would always be blockades that extended a little bit beyond where the work is going on. If there is being work done on the roof, there should have at least been those tiny wooden gate/fence things that say beware of ongoing construction. During a major construction I was around, it was an 8 foot metal fence with tarp extended quite a few yards from the site.. Did you ignore warnings or perhaps cheated by go8ng through a cut through in grass/foliage that maybe got too close to construction but didn't have a sign?? As many campuses one I'd my campuses asked students not to walk in the grass... Not the students listened. there was a dirt foot made path just to cut a corner for Pete's sake at my campus were we were told to keep off. But it would explain a potential lack of signage. Or, maybe the hat was more accidentally flung off the roof so it had some serious air? Just a little concerned this happened cause it could have been much worse than a hard hat of coming from a construction site.

The wind could have blown the hat towards OP

crackbombz 8

Carelessness. Being over tired and not paying proper attention where you set your hard hat on break.

Plot twist: the class is about gravity and terminal velocity

kitsuneluvuh 12

That is some of the most delicious irony I have ever tasted. Hope you're okay.

species4872 19

Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch.

VampObsessed 16
zeusdom 15

Isn't this a recycled FML??? I remember reading this one months ago