Looking good

By people will think I'm Shelley Duvall - 08/06/2017 20:00

Today, my son's yearbook came. I was pretty happy, as I'd also ordered a larger version of his photo because he's going to California for college and I wanted a special picture of him to keep. Unfortunately, my happiness disappeared when I saw that he was wearing a horse mask in the photo. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 578
You deserved it 789

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can you prove this? I don't mean that in a rude way. I just want to see it. Though, it is hard to believe a school would allow this. The schools I went to wouldn't even allow hats.

CrazyTrainWreck 19

Sounds like you are chomping at the bit to reign him in and spur him on to stop horsing around.

Comments

CrazyTrainWreck 19

Sounds like you are chomping at the bit to reign him in and spur him on to stop horsing around.

How do you not know what your kids school picture looks like?

because senior year you get your own pictures taken and can submit any to yearbook

Don't you get proofs of the photos on the order sheet? I always have, so I'm not sure how you wouldn't have known what the picture looked like before you purchased it.

Well sometimes yes and sometimes no. The only time I received proofs was for my graduation. As for yearbook pictures, every school I've been to (6 of them) would always send students home with a sheet to select what we wanted as a package + background and then we'd bring the sheet back to school along with our parent's money BEFORE taking the pictures.

Where are you from? I only attended three schools in comparison to your six, but here in Canada, we take the pictures before we buy them.

I'm from Canada as well! Strange. First school was in Quebec and the other five were in Ontario. I honestly think seeing the pictures beforehand would have been much more useful.

Lexi1718 14

Yea they do this in America

species4872 19

Can you prove this? I don't mean that in a rude way. I just want to see it. Though, it is hard to believe a school would allow this. The schools I went to wouldn't even allow hats.

I know at my school seniors took silly pictures for the yearbook because most people got professionally done pictures separately at a studio

mariri9206 32

For one of my picture day pictures, I wore a "Josie and the Pussycats" leopard print cat ears headband.

seniors get their own pictures taken and yearbook club is run by students.

Not every school does student run yearbooks. The ones at all the schools I went to were school run and they also had rules for what you could wear to them. They also controlled your position and facial expression during them- if you moved or weren't smiling, they'd retake the photo. Which, as someone who does not smile and is actually bad at it, I can confirm that's as much of a pain as it sounds. There were also redo days if the parent wasn't satisfied or you missed the first, but it was an additional fee for redos. It was also before the prints of the official yearbook- they sent home mock-ups either one month after the photos or one month before the yearbook came up. (The latter was for the high school, which had 1200 students one year and 1600 the next, and was waaaaay over capacity. That was when they got done reviewing all the photos, apparently.)

Well you weren't exactly wrong--that is a pretty special photo of him.

Little Richard 11

Nice user name. Maybe they'll think that and his dad is John Kerry.