Score!

By OverIt - 25/02/2014 22:24 - United States - Winchester

Spicy
Today, I talked to my husband about his lack of interest in sex. Apparently his definition is polar to mine; his is along the lines of cuddling. Not only did I wait until marriage to have sex with this man, apparently he prefers a permanent roommate without benefits. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 774
You deserved it 11 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cuddle naked and top whip cream to your breast for bonus. *looks around awkwardly*

Comments

Karenezzy 20
Zimmington 21

If more women thought like her the the divorce rate would drop at least 15%

Like you suggested to suck on the clay penis the kid made in the other FML? You must like sucking.

Same thing happened to my older sister. She waited until marriage to have sex with her husband. Turned out, he was okay with waiting because he had a low sex drive anyways. They now live like roommates because he's to scared to go to the doctors to find out if it a medical issue, which more likely it is.

Some people just have low sex drives, some people are asexual. It doesn't have to be a medical issue, even though it might be.

falon142012 22

Just read this. Lol. He definitely does need to suck it up and see somebody. It's probably low testosterone. They have some pretty advanced medication for things like that these days. If he wants change, that's where to start. Hope it works out!

mansfield_j 27

Well that's a first for me to see, hopefully he comes around

Either he comes around, or no ones coming at all.

I think that sounds perfectly lovely. Marriage isn't all about sex. Become deeper on an emotional level and maybe it will be more appealing

She clearly wanted a relationship that was fulfilling on all levels including sexual. Especially if she wants kids some day.

A healthy sex life is important. She is obviously not having her needs fulfilled. What seems acceptable for you isn't for others.

You need to have a heart to heart with him, OP, before it's too late. Let him know that having sex after marriage is important to you, and discuss with him why he doesn't seem to feel the same way. He may have a medical problem he's embarrassed about, he could have a naturally low sex drive, or he may be altogether asexual- in which case, you need to decide whether you can live a happy life without sexual contact with your partner or whether, for your own happiness, it's best to move on.

OP might also want to find out if his lack of interest in sex is because he's been sexually abused. I heard a similar story about a chaste couple who continued to be abstinent after marriage because the wife wasn't interested in sex. They almost got divorced because she never told her husband she'd been sexually abused until they underwent marriage counseling. If this is the case for OP's husband, he'll need patience and understanding to overcome his apprehension.

This is amazing. Definitely using this statement in future arguments about the subject haha

These comments make me kind of sad because it makes me realize how few people are educated on asexuality, which is a very real thing that people should be aware of.

As I read this FML I was thinking the same thing. Many people don't know that it's possible for a person to be asexual.

Yes, which is why I said the comments made me sad, my comment was not in reference to the FML itself. I do believe that both the OP and her husband should have had multiple discussions about sex whether or not they had sex before marriage, and if he knew about his asexuality (if that is in fact what the OP is referring to,) he should have told her long before, as that can be a relationship-altering trait.

#40, a LOT of people don't even know asexuality exists. Many people are asexual and don't even know it until very late.

Asexual doesn't necessarily mean sex-averse. Some aces are sex neutral, but just don't crave it themselves. I think OP and her husband need to have a long talk about what exactly is going on. It was incredibly naive of them to get married and expect to be on exactly the same page sex-wise and have only great sex and have their sexual needs satisfied (respectively) from then on without having previously communicated about it.

sounds like your hubby is in the closet...

RK1558 6

Send him over to my wife. She believes the same and can keep him company and we can be free