By trolls have hit the gutters - 17/02/2015 18:23 - United Kingdom - Durham

Today, a homeless guy told me I looked like shit and to have some self-respect. Right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 624
You deserved it 4 630

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RenoTheRhino 30

Was he a homeless man wearing a suit and with combed hair?

Classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. Or if you like psychology- he's using projection as a defense mechanism.

Comments

Mysterious_one 26

op seems to be a jerk, My guess he/she started picking on the homeless guy

hugozac88 22

At least he didn't bum bump you

My take on this was that the homeless man saw OP with trashy clothes. The homeless man can't do anything about him being dirty and gross therefore he gets mad that OP chooses to look that way.

jkp1291 25

Because of FML I'm starting to suspect most homeless men are crazy.

That's when you know you look like shit

Well, a site dedicated to stories of misfortune and stupidity isn't exactly the place to go for a positive depiction of people.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
RenoTheRhino 30

Was he a homeless man wearing a suit and with combed hair?

randomguy76 14

Most likely was, according to the man OP was dealing with, being homeless is not an excuse for looking raggedy. He is obviously an upper-crust homeless man. They have a social ladder too.

randomguy76 14

He most likely was. He must have been a upper-crust homeless man. Who are we to deny homeless people of their own materialistic social ladder?

randomguy76 14

Oops, didn't realize it already sent

What's up with homeless men and tier rude comments? He's probably just going through a rough time OP, don't take it to personally. I'm sure you look amazing

To be fair, you only hear about the rude comments coming from homeless men on FML. Not very accurate to imply that they are like that.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm confusing your comment with the intention of saying that all homeless men are that way, but it comes across that way. Sorry for any confusion.

Classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. Or if you like psychology- he's using projection as a defense mechanism.

AnOriginalName 19

What, just because he's homeless means he isn't allowed to have some self-respect?

Self-respect, sure. Everyone has their inherent human dignity. But a right to insult someone else just because they're going though a rough time? No.

#6 If you like logic, on the other hand, most comments here are examples of the tu quoque fallacy. To quote Wikipedia: "although the person being attacked might indeed be acting inconsistently or hypocritically, such behavior does not invalidate the position presented". In other words - hobo may have a point.

Adrian_Robber 6

I'm not saying that all homeless people are dirty but this is very ironic.... And dont listen to him OP

hippodankamus 22

I would've said "Look who's talking, pal." Just ignore him OP.

Some people just like to hurt others to feel better about themselves.

Sounds like he came from the YouTube comment section