By Anonymous - 22/09/2012 23:49 - United States - Eudora

Today, after a week of not seeing each other, my boyfriend has a three day break from work. This would be great if he hadn't just told me he's having a Guild Wars 2 marathon. Now all I have to look forward to is slow wifi and anguished screams every time his character dies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 019
You deserved it 3 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How about you make yourself an account and play with him?

I feel your pain... mine is the same way.

Comments

Play with him? Some people have hobbies outside of their girlfriends, I know if may be hard to believe.

Wow I haven't been here in a while, and I'd have to say this voting system is pretty juvenile. The fact that comments get buried if some people dislike them is rather anti-free speech. Feel free to thumb down.

No, if it were against free speech, comments would immediately be removed after enough negative votes. Instead, you can click on "Show me" and see how truly stupid the comment is to begin with. Some of the time, it's not incorrect but merely unpopular, but really, that's uncommon. On that note, please don't tell me you support children's sports teams in which there are no losers.

Uj - What is this "free speech" of which you speak? I have go assume you're American based on that comment. Well guess what? This site is not the US. The Internet is NOT the US. This site was created by some French guys, and they run it however the hell they please. If you don't like it, you're free to leave.

Freedom of speech is part of NATO if i'm not mistaken, which covers most countries

At least my boyfriend doesn't scream when his character dies.

perdix 29

It seems like one of his characters has already died -- the one that supposedly gives a shit about you. Yeah, you could try to get his attention by giving him a ******* while he plays. That might work. Giving another dude a ******* while your boyfriend plays will definitely get his attention ;)

Seriously, join him. The best way to get his attention is to play with him. You get rewarded, trust me.

perhaps u could talk to him bout ur feeling. maybe 1 day for game, 2 days for u or something like that..

Thumbed you down purely for grammatical reasons… …and spelling, and structure, and punctuation.

I thumbed you down for not having a subject in your sentence while you were criticising someone else for poor grammar.

So many grammar nazis :3 Wondering if all those grammar nazis are able to speak more then a single language.

I can get where people are saying join in, but you can't just dump him for wanting to marathon a game he's been wanting to play. I work at GameStop, I'm around games all day, my gf works at Game X Change. We do like our games, but we make time for each other. I did tell her that when the new Halo came out its a 2 day marathon followed by a full day of multiplayer on the following day off, but she said ok, but I can't touch it for the next week after. Compromise OP. It works more than some know.

astralvagan 20

Guild Wars 2 is hard...... I feel his pain.... But..... There should come a point where you set your foot down and tell him what you want too and make him stick to it

I can symphathize with him. That's not really a game that you can fully enjoy by playing here and there a little. I just had 4 days off of work myself and spent it the exact same way, and I was finally able to meet alot of my in game goals. And that's not even 24/7 playing either. Make a compromise with him about it. Just because he has hobbies outside of you doesn't mean anything.

I feel sorry for both of you. Have you heard about stuff more valuable than this!?

estes816 9

Just because its not valuable to YOU doesn't mean it's not valuable to them.

I am playing GW2 with my boyfriend, it's really fun ;)