By wtffireworks! - 26/05/2011 02:10 - United States

Today, at work, there was a police officer waiting for me. Bewildered, I asked what the problem was. Someone had shot fireworks at cars in the parking lot and I was a suspect. Why? Ponytails on men apparently look suspicious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 215
You deserved it 18 525

Same thing different taste

Comments

katiecherrie 4
a_pawson9291 0

Hey, I have my opinions, and everyone else in the world has theirs. And yes the professional world is sexist. What can we do about it? I don't think anyone should cut off their ******, though. And as far as donating hair, I think that's great! I have a family full of cancer victims/survivors, and a few of them have had wigs donated to them through Susan G. Komen. But if that's not your purpose, a ponytail just looks unprofessional. Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one. :~)

kittydriftwood 0

What can you do about it? Well. You could stop perpetuating stereotypes, for one thing.

Booneht 1

Cut off their ******?!?!?!?!?! Ouch!!!

"But if that's not your purpose, a ponytail just looks unprofessional. " So your argument is that just by the merit of what it's being grown out for a ponytail suddenly looks different to a person? You don't know why a person has long hair until you ask why they have long hair. Therefore you would initially look at the guy growing his hair long to donate it to cancer patients, and assume he "unprofessional" . That seems stupid and wrong to me. It is just hair, get over it. I could see considering it unprofessional to have your body covered in tattoos or have eight million piercings, but not to have long hair. There are many men, who much like some women, just have a face that works better with longer hair. Completely honest, there are some men who just plain look horrible with short hair. That's just my two cents, take it as you will.

a_pawson9291 0

Yes, you're absolutely right. My immediate thought would be that it was unprofessional. And once I found out that they were donating their hair, I would find it noble. However, I still believe men should get rid of the long hair at least before they turn 18. And if they want to grow it out for donation purposes, they should make sure that it complies with the dress code in their place of work. If you walked into a loan office or a bank, are you going to walk up to the teller with the ponytail and untucked shirt, or are you going to walk up to the teller who is close/clean shaven, shirt tucked in, slacks pressed, tie, and short, well kept hair? Think about it. No response necessary. Everybody profiles. Have you ever told your kid, "Don't go down that street, there's a rough crowd down there."? Or been walking alone at night and avoided a homeless man? And if you were home alone, would you let a strange man in your house to use the telephone? Or chosen a friend based on personality? Or are you God and love everyone and anyone no matter what?

I'm personally going to go to whichever teller is available because I don't want to be in the bank all day. I run on the opinion that a person's physical appearance is not necessarily a reflection of how hard they work. I actually have found that the more haggard looking the working the better the worker they tend to be. I'm not saying that people don't profile but I will say that letting a strange man into your home or a rough looking crowd down the street do not equal the guy with a pony tale and his shirt un-tucked behind the bank counter. Also, who doesn't choose their friends based on their personality? I mean obviously you are going to pick someone who's compatible with you. Personality is the only way to pick your friends. I mean would you want to hang out with someone who you feel is a total asshole? I think not.

Today, my car was parked in a parking lot when a firework hit it and set it on fire. FML

shadowx41 0

now u c how black ppl feel

@11 excepy katy perry shoots them out of her t!tties!

damn ******* right they do tabarnake!