By feetfreak - 13/11/2013 09:00 - United States - Laguna Hills

Today, I asked a co-worker why he was wearing sandals, as they are not allowed under our strict dress code. He got extremely angry with me and stormed off. Ten minutes later, I got called into our boss' office. Apparently, he told her that I walked up to him and asked to suck his toes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 469
You deserved it 4 075

feetfreak tells us more.

Hi. This is the original poster. 1. I was not trying to boss him around or be a tattle-tale. We work at a warehouse store and his job requires him to regularly perform heavy lifting INDOORS and heavy lifting OUTDOORS when he has to help customers carry things to their cars and load them. The guy was relatively new, so I was concerned about his safety. I thought maybe he just left the house in a hurry and forgot that he was wearing sandals. I've accidentally almost left the house in my running sneakers only to quickly run back and change. 2. I wasn't trying to be nosy, I was just genuinely curious and was not going to report him or try and get him in trouble. I am not a narc. We were making what I thought was polite small talk. Guess I was wrong. 3. To the people telling me to mind my own business: if you had toilet paper stuck to your shoe or broccoli in your teeth, wouldn't you want someone to tell you so you don't walk around all day looking like a fool?

Top comments

bigjoeanzalone 4

Hopefully your boss believed you over that jackass coworker of your's.

dragoongirl90 34

Don't worry about the idiots. You were perfectly polite and within your rights to look out for another person's safety. Please update with how it turned out with your boss and your douche co-worker!

Comments

Odd that he would get so worked up. Wonder if he somehow misheard you and thought you actually did say you wanted to suck his toes.

I read stories like this all the time on here and I have to wonder just how dumb all these people's bosses or HR people have to be to believe half the off the wall shit people go tell them..but then I remember tumbler exist and is the cause for the decay of western society..

For that coworker to even say OP wanted to "suck his toes" his beyond strange. The coworker must have an interest in men, wishing some toe sucking would take place.

Sorry- thought OP was a man. I guess the coworker is simply a sociopath lacking in major social skills. Just a gross excuse to give a boss.

What an ass. I hope you explained to your boss what actually happened. And were believed. Shame on you for being concerned for another's safety and well-being.