By I_Lossed - 03/11/2009 11:02 - Australia

Today, I asked my girlfriend about a diamond necklace I bought her for her birthday, which she didn't seem to be wearing. She then told me she hocked it to pay for her inexpensive phone bill. I paid $1,500 for that necklace, she received $300 from the pawn shop. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 511
You deserved it 4 777

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So go to the pawn shop, get it back & give it to someone who cares enough to keep it.

sammy_little 0

Run. My first wife pulled something like this just before she got pregnant (on purpose). I went into the marriage with no debt and money in the back and filed a joint bankrupcy for $200,000 about two years later. It is obvious she cannot handle her business and $1500 is a small price to pay to find this out.

Comments

What kind of a loser that even can't afford a $300 phone bill? Does she not work? If she can't afford it then don't have an expensive phone/plan. I hate idiots.

OMG dump her if you have not already. What a horrible bitch..

What kind of loser gets a $300 phone bill? Why would you get that kind of plan? **** her and bail.

Wow what a bitch. You sound like an amazing boyfriend. She should be more thankful.

missknh101 6
allisadawn91 8

Dump her. I have been dirt poor, selling everything. But even if I was on the streets I would not sell gifts given to me by my boyfriend. Period.

Your girlfriend sounds like a moron. If you could afford that necklace then you could front for her phone bill. Don't get her an engagement ring.