By NZgirl92 - 15/04/2013 02:29 - New Zealand - Wellington

Today, I baked my friend a cake for his 21st birthday. When I arrived at his house, his girlfriend, who hadn't made him anything, screamed at me for "making her look bad." She then took the cake, banned me from the party, and kicked me out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 970
You deserved it 4 630

NZgirl92 tells us more.

PS. I have a boyfriend, who lives with the friend whose birthday it was and his girlfriend.

Top comments

chelsearenaeee 16

He needs to dump her ass. Making scenes and shit.

Aww, I know how you feel OP. I had to "compete" with a jealous girlfriend for my best friend's attention for so long. Nevermind the fact that I'd been friends with him since my early teens (and if I wanted to date him, I would have done it already), she was still convinced I was trying to steal him away every time I so much as texted him or liked one of his Facebook statuses. Some people are so paranoid...

Comments

jem970 19

I've had this happen to me. My BFF's fiancee said I was trying to steal him away from her. I had known the guy since kindergarden and we had always be crazy close since forever and way before she met him. Now hes married and I lost my BFF. Get ready for that to happen OP. It sucks.

OP, wanna be my friend? :-) My birthdays arround the corner.

And you took her serious and left?!

#57 I understand where you're coming from, but the way she worded it (specifically mentioning that he was a friend, and the FML itself implying that what happened had no just reason) leads me to believe she was just being friendly. I know a lot of people who love baking and bring cakes to all their friends. Also it was his 21st birthday, so I'm assuming there was going to be a lot of people and she figured having an extra cake would help. And why would she tell his girlfriend she were bringing cake? Presents are supposed to be a surprise, and you can never have too much cake :3 It be different if she brought him sexy underwear, hehe. So while it's possible she's an overly-clingy "friend," I think this is more a case of an over-reacting girlfriend. I really hope OP's friend saw it happen :/ I wouldn't say break up with his gf (everyone gets jealous) but at least apologize to OP.

PS. I have a boyfriend, who lives with the friend whose birthday it was and his girlfriend.

I understand how she would be annoyed that you made it for her boyfriend; however, her behavior was immature and hopefully her boyfriend realizes her character.

That's messed up....I would have slapped her

You should definitely let your friend know what happened, but also make it clear that you don't want drama with this girl and then find some way to be on okay terms with her of he's going to stay with her. He needs to know how she's treating his friends, but he also shouldn't be put in the middle of any drama. You don't want him to think you're going to make him choose. Making him choose makes you look like the bad guy, take the high road and let her be the bad guy.