By Stella Grubner - 16/03/2010 06:42

Today, I chose a cute tank top and some shorts to wear. Later, I was shopping at Target with my dad when he pointed to a girl in the same isle and said to me, "Don't ever dress like that. It looks cute on her, but you couldn't pull it off." She was wearing shorts and a tank top. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 166
You deserved it 4 656

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why was there an isle in a Target? With palm trees and sand and coconut bras?

your dad thinks your fat. or hes just over protective of his little girl

Comments

Some dads have a hard time expressing themselves to their daughters in a constructive way. Your dad probably thought he was being really helpful by pointing out someone as a visual, but his execution was very poor. He should really try to think before he says anything. FYL.

I feel it's an unfair assumption to say that the OP is fat. Clothing depends less on the size and more on the shape of the wearer to look good. Two girls can be of a similar size but differing shapes and make the same outfit look completely different. My advice to the OP would be to wear something she feels confident and comfortable in because you're never going to look pretty if you feel awkward.

I was thinking something along these linrs. Tank top and shorts are pretty vague descriptions. She could be in daisy dukes and a midriff-baring camisole and you have on Bermuda shorts and more of a sleeveless tee. He also could've been referring to the design, sheerness, material, character print or any number of things. Why would you automatically put the worst connotation on it?My sister once told me I couldn't wear a dress I liked because I have full breasts and it was cut for a flat-chestes girl. Your dad is probably right. Everything doesn't look good on everyone.

KurouTenshi 0

@31 xD *clap clap clap* More more more :D (that's what she said)

ruby84 1

Why can't you handle the truth?! It's coming from your dad who loves you & wants the best for you- LISTEN TO HIM! Try different styles that are more like you!

it's called ... funny daddy love...?

purplemnm 9

you guys were on a small island in target?!

I can't believe you just said TWSS to your own ******* comment. What a loser.

Hechizar 1

Dads never see their daughters as becoming adults, esp if guys are involved. They are always their baby girls.

vansbabe66 0

maybe he was being honest.. what if u didn't?

bfffness 0

I don't think he's saying your ugly or fat, he's probably just being protective