By slut - 29/08/2011 16:22 - Canada

Today, I finally found out that the tattoo on my lower back means "slut" in Chinese, instead of "good fortune" as I always thought it did. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 363
You deserved it 59 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you could make a good fortune being a ****! They don't call it a tramp stamp for no reason!

ZielZone 4

You should get "stupid" in Chinese above it. Then your life would be complete

Comments

Egnar 19

Adding on to my last reply if you really need to get a kanji/chinese characters/phrases in other languages put on your body don't rely on the tattoo parlor to know what you're looking for, or be able to help you - They're experts in body art not linguists. And no, checking 1-2 websites for confirmation is not "doing your research". I went in to get the symbols for Karate put on my chest about a month ago [I've been teaching for the last 8 years] and the process beforehand involved not only knowing the symbols from scrolls at my dojo but also verifying them several times online, going to books by an author whom is considered to be the father of modern karate and verifying it all against a friend. . The whole process really only took a few hours which seems well worth it when you're going to have something on your body for the rest of your life.

Thejackel79 9

Wrong fml, stupid iPhone app

Why the hell do you think they call it a TRAMP stamp

bizarre_ftw 21

You got a random Chinese tattoo symbol on your back Without checking what it meant Thoroughly first?!!!!! You totally deserve this!!!!! That shit is permanent!! Why would you pull a dipshit move like this?!

oops_im_fucked 8

All tramp stamps mean ****...

That's why you should never get a tramp stamp in a language in which you are not fluent. YDI.

SheThing 0

Ouch. That's rough. Next time make sure you research a little more first. AND if you can go to the artist that did it and punch Him/Her in the face. And have someone else cover it up with a better tattoo

jbabedd 15

I wonder if your tattoo artist knew that when he did it. That's why I would never get a tattoo in another language unless I knew for sure that it was right. That sucks.