By woahlaura - 14/02/2016 16:26 - United States - Houston

Today, I gave my boyfriend a $300 cooler for Valentine's Day. When I asked what he got me, he pointed at my stomach. I'm 3 months pregnant with his baby. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 756
You deserved it 3 387

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's ok, OP. You can now point at the stomach in response to several things. "Why didn't you go to the supermarket?" "Didn't you say you were going to do the dishes this time?" "What am I getting for my birthday?" The list goes on and on.

I didn't know you could spend that much on a cooler. You should take it back and get something to prepare for the baby.

Comments

Oh man, what a "cool" gift! please kill me

spazchild44815 7

You have a baby on the way & you spent $300 on a cooler?

kyu_Q 19

you should let him know that was your Christmas present. He should come up with something else for Valentine's Day.

Well, it's not really about buying each other things but if you guys agreed to do something and he did nothing at all I'd be disappointed, too. It doesn't have to cost anything, he could have just planned a special meal or outting. My husband made heart-shaped pancakes and then we went for a walk in the park we were married in.

You don't have to buy each other things, Valentine's day isn't meant to buy gifts anyways. Simply showing each other you love each other is enough. Also sometimes gifts aren't given directly on Valentine's day. My husband took me out to eat and let me have a beer the night before, and the next day I was sure to give him his star wars heart shaped tin of chocolates and cards from his daughter and I. And one of the things he said to me? "She's your gift too!" I just picked her up and went, "Mine!" Honestly she really is the best gift he's ever given me :)

corky1992 33

Why would you spend that much on a cooler?

AdamTodddBrown 11

Kind of a ridiculous amount to spend on something kind of unimportant on a holiday that is meaningless eh?

RockstarJAy 16

That's when you realize that you don't need a gift to show love and affection.

Doesn't sound like he did much else to show love and affection, going by the FML. When I've been broke and still wanted to do something for my fiancee, I found things I could do for her instead of things I could buy - favorite dinner, cleaning the house top to bottom when both of us had been procrastinating on it, etc. At the very least, he should've gotten OP a card. It's about the thought and the gesture, not the money.